1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

[International / GSM] Rooting JellyBean, how?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by temporary101, Jul 14, 2012.

1. temporary101

temporary101 Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2011
    Student
    Netherlands
    I have been thinking about rooting my phone, but since updating to Jellybean would remove root, I wanted to wait till I got the OTA.
    Well this morning I upgraded to Jellybean, so I want to root my phone, but I have some questions.

-What are the cons of rooting? We all heard the pro's , but are there any cons? (besides voiding warranty)
    -How do I root my phone now that it runs Jellybean? I just want to root it for apps like titanium back-up etc. No need to unlock my boot-loader (don't even know what that does) And I don't want to have all my data wiped from my phone.
    -How easy is it....I have no experience whatsoever, so is there a dummy's rooting 101 guide to follow? That explains everything. I have seen step-by-step guides that tell you what you need to do, but I'd like one that explains what each step does. I heard Clockwork mod before.....but have no idea what it does....so any easy fully self-contained guide for dummies?

Advertisement

2. jova33

jova33 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    militar
    El Paso
    In the all things root forums there's guides. And back up everything to your PC.

temporary101 likes this.
  3. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict

Jun 18, 2010
    Statesboro, GA
    I moved this to the intl All Things Root section. Thanks for understanding. :)

temporary101 likes this.
  4. ChazzMatt

ChazzMatt Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    metro Atlanta area
    This post shows you at least three 1-click solutions for rooting Jelly Bean on the Nexus.

http://androidforums.com/internatio...hspa-samsung-galaxy-nexus-12.html#post4669560

I'm not an expert, but I've rooted two LG Optimus, one LG Esteem, one Samsung Indulge, and now a Galaxy Nexus. First time you have to really read carefully. Since with these 1-click solutions I am using my PC, I disable my antivirus as I don't want that program preventing something from running. "Found and quarantined hacking tool!" Uh, but I was using that hacking tool! :mad:

Also after installing the Samsung USB drivers on your PC, be sure to reboot. Little things like that make a difference.

Tags: