1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[International / GSM] stuck in clockworkmod recovery v5 galaxy nexus

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by broadcastm, Aug 16, 2012.

1. broadcastm

broadcastm Lurker

ok guys im a bit stuck flashed an unsupported rom didnt back up and now stuck with the nexus logo loop, now the only rom i have access to in the file system is the one i dont want to use because the galaxy nexus has non removable storage im unable to mount the internal sd card is there anyway i can access the internal sd card and copy over the last working rom and start again?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

Do you have any adb experience? You can adb push a working rom to the sdcard partition.

3. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

I just did this myself this morning and it turned out to be a little trickier than I remembered. In your case without a booting phone, you'll need to go into recovery. Don't select anything when you get in there. Now place the rom zip you're wanting to push to the phone inside the sdk's platform-tools folder on your pc. I am assuming Windows here and also assuming you have the full sdk already and that it's been installed on the root of the C drive, if this isn't the case, let me know. Now open a command prompt on the pc.

So using command prompt, first navigate to the sdk's platform-tools folder:

cd c:\
    cd android-sdk-windows\platform-tools

Now go ahead and push the file:

adb push <name of file here.zip> /data/media/ <--Note the trailing backslash.

You should see the transfer rate in KB/s and then the size of the file that was pushed and the time it took.

Now, on your phone, you should still be seeing the recovery menu (assuming clockwork now), select install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sd card, and you should now see the file. If it's there, I would then recommend going backwards in the menu and do a full wipe of data/cache/dalvik cache, then proceed to install like usual. :smokingsomb:

4. metal571

metal571 Android Enthusiast

Neither TWRP recovery nor CWM will let you mount USB storage? I thought at least one or the other could let you

5. amonfog

amonfog Lurker

Hey man. here could be your sollution
    get the android sdk to your computer to enable fastboot options and bootloader flashing... but judging on the fact that you have been able to flash a custom recovery tells me you can do that already.

go to https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images and download the image for your phone (galaxy nexus gsm is takju)
    unzip everything to the platform-tools folder of your sdk
    run the flashall.sh file if you can't run the file open in in notepad and paste each line to your command prompt

you are now back on stock android. want to flash stuff again? begin at the beginning and work your way down again.

good luck!

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews