• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[International / GSM] Tethering Galaxy Nexus To PS3 using T Mobile

Hey all,
So I have a very specific problem and I have literally scoured the internet for a solution. I haven't found much so I came here as sort of a last resort. I have the Samsung Galaxy Nexus gsm running on T-Mobiles 4G network. I have a 5GB data cap and no WiFi. I used to tether my phone to my ps3 every night to game or watch videos but one night I attempted to do this and got a t mobile redirect page saying I need to pay the $15 a month to tether. Well I did some research and the way t mobile catches tethering pirates is to use some sort of packet sniffer that determines your user agent string. Since android devices use a different user agent string they are allowed to pass through but I believe the ps3 uses an HTTP which t mobile hunts for. Anyway I've tried using foxfi but since I have jelly bean it won't work. Any solutions on how I could continue tethering. If your going to say something like "buy WiFi ******" then don't bother commenting at all. Thanks for your guys help!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones