• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [International] help! deleted play store using titanium backup):

root again boot up titanium backup if un install an app with titanium backup it should still be there with a line across it right at the bottom of the list. Otherwise let me know will try making a backup of mine with titanium backup and upload it and u can just restore that although i dunno if that would work. What u can also try is root again and flash a custom rom like omega or wanam it should restore play store to the phone also.

Reactions: dalelow19
Upvote 0
Re downloading the stock firmware all sounds way too complicated for me haha! I was surprised I was even able to root it in the first place lol, I'll have too take it to a shop or something if there's no other way round it that doesn't sound way to complicated haha!

It's not that difficult really.

It sounds as though you have deleted more than just the Play Store. For future reference when using TB, it is better to freeze app's than delete them and only if you know exactly which app's are which. Preferably, after you have made a nandroid backup beforehand. ;)

Upvote 0
Full step-by-step guide...

Flash official stock firmware on Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 & I9505

It even has the stock firmwares in posts #2 & #3.

Just double check that the firmware is for your model of phone.

Dial *#1234# into your dial pad to get your CSC code for the correct firmware.... providing that you are still on your original firmware.

You should NOT need to flash a .PIT file at all. Very risky! :ahhhhh:

Upvote 0
It says United Kingdom gti505 firmware but the csc is different would that matter?

If you flash a stock firmware for anything other than your original, out-of-the-box, CSC code... you will no longer be able to update OTA or via Kies.

gti505 :thinking:

Also, if you flash any firmware for a different model of phone you may, "brick", it.

Upvote 0
I just got told on droidforums to make sure you clear your cache before flashing your device, it didn't tell me how to so I thought it would be holding volume up home button and power and it booted in to manual mode or whatever its called and clear cache wasn't there so I just selected reboot now, I put my phone down went out made a drink came back in looked at my phone and it said google earth has successfully updated? checked google play and its working fine? didn't flash anything haha! so something you've told me to do was correct and all I needed to do was restart my phone that way something so simple! anyway thank you ironass and anyone who helped me!:D

Reactions: Mikestony
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones