1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root [International] HELP PLEASE Screen flicker when trying to put into recovery.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Gags111, Aug 6, 2013.

1. Gags111

Gags111 Newbie
    None

Jan 13, 2011
    HELP PLEASE!!
    You've all probably heard it a thousand times before but here goes;
    After years of reluctance and caution I decided to root my Android device.
    I was quite pleased after looking at all the forums and videos at how easy it can be to root your GT-N7100.
    I found this link and followed the instructions
    How to root Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100 (Jelly Bean)
    I followed all the instructions. One difference being that when I connected my device the com box on ODIN3 was Blue not yellow but after looking at a few forums the new versions of ODIN display Blue in the Com box not yellow when your device is connected?
    I went ahead anyway and afetr hitting start on ODIN the confirmation Box went green and said pass but my phone really did nothing. I was expecting it to boot in to CWM which the instructions stated could take between 5-8 mins to complete.
    When my phone turned on it was still the same settings? I then checked that SuperSu was in my app drawer. I downloaded TTB to back up all my settings and also a Root checker(which confirmed I was rooted)
    To get into CWM I pressed Vol+,Home key,Power button simultaneously but the screen displayed;
    Android System Recovery <3e>.
    reboot system now
    apply update from SD card
    wipe data/factory reset
    wipe cache partition
    ???????????
    I pressed the power button and the phone turned on as normal?
    With the instructions I follwed initially did I put Clockwork mod on my phone?
    I then looked at another forum and found a clockwork mod link and used ODIN to put it on my device? should I have done that?
    Now when I press Vol+,Home key,Power button simultaneously it wont go into Android recovery or CWM but instead the screen flickers and goes blank? I took the battery out and powered it up and alls fine.
    But I want to put a custom Rom on!!!!
    1. Should I be concerned?
    2. What should I do now?
    Anyones help would be very much appreciated.

Advertisement

2. carlitos48

carlitos48 Lurker
    None

Jan 25, 2014
    I read your post and the exact same thing happened to my note2 have you figured it out plesde help thank s