1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[International] help! storage memory full but shouldn't be!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by 4adeadpoet, Dec 16, 2013.

1. 4adeadpoet

4adeadpoet Lurker

Hi, I'm new here just got my first android phone after having I phone for years now, it's the s3 international I believe. Really nice but I wanted the nexus software so I rooted and installed cyanogen 10.2.

However now I have next to no internal memory and the settings can't tell me what it is and I've looked through every folder I can find but can't find anything, I feel like I'm missing at least 5GB of the 11.5 available

If anyone can help me I would be forever grateful

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. jugg1es

jugg1es Newbie

Did you format the phone completely including sd partition. If coming from tw from the first time you have to completely format the whole phone

3. 4adeadpoet

4adeadpoet Lurker

You mean factory reset before flashing? Coz no I didn't do that! I dunno how to sd partition either!

4. jugg1es

jugg1es Newbie

Which recover are you using, i suggest philz. Make sure you wipe the whole phone then flash the zips from the external sd. Should be fine after that

5. 4adeadpoet

4adeadpoet Lurker

I used clockwork mod recovery when I put cyanogenmod on, is they're an option to wipe it in there? Then I can just install cyanogenmod again from the files on my sd card?

I new to all this so haven't figured out the jargon yet! Lol!

6. jugg1es

jugg1es Newbie

Yes, just wipe everything then install. You only have to do it once, after that you'll not have to wipe the sd

7. 4adeadpoet

4adeadpoet Lurker

Cool I'll try that later cheers juggles

8. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)

If youre gona do a full wipe, make sure you move your app backup to the external sd or youll lose it :thumbup:
    And to fully wipe the data partition, do the reset from the phones settings

9. 4adeadpoet

4adeadpoet Lurker

Whats the best way to do that, a fun wipe and backup? Can I back up everything with titanium backup?

10. funkylogik

Titanium will back up your apps and their settings/data and restore them exactly how they were. By default titanium (TiBu) backs up to your internal SD and a factory reset in CWM wont touch that backup, it only wipes apps.
    You want to clean up your internal sd so youre gona do a real factory reset (in the phone settings, Backup And Reset, Factory Reset) and that wipes EVERYTHING from the user/data partition so make sure anything on there that you wana keep is moved onto the external sd (backup files, music, pics) if youre gona use TiBu i definately recommend buying the Pro version. The free one will do the job but it makes you restore every app individually, the payed one restores them all in the background while u make a cup of tea :)

11. Jon_LTD

Jon_LTD Android Expert

Back up using titanium and do a nandroid backup (a full back up provided by your cyanogenmod recovery, the option is called "backup" or something like that). Move both files somewhere which won't get wiped, such as your ext SD card, do a full wipe and restore them in their correct directories.. Then Robert's your father's brother. The nandroid backup is basically a full back up of your phone as it currently is, so it's a failsafe if you want to revert back to your old rom. Bon chance!

12. funkylogik

^ a nandroid backup saves EVERYTHING on the phone, including your messy full internal SD

13. Jon_LTD

Jon_LTD Android Expert

Hah! I accidentally posted before finishing my message (fat thumbs on my phone)! Quick work, Funky.

funkylogik likes this.
  14. funkylogik

Lol :D:beer::beer:

15. 4adeadpoet

4adeadpoet Lurker

Cheers lads it's all looking a little clearer now! I'll give it a try later and I'll be back if I mess this up! Lol! Then I'll have that tea...or maybe a pint!

16. funkylogik

Pint! :beer: ;)

17. Jon_LTD

Jon_LTD Android Expert

Count me in!

18. Yatezy

Yatezy Android Enthusiast

Chances are it'll be all the crap stored in the data/media folder which is your pre 4.2 folder :thumb:

We've all had the problem :p

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews