• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [International] Help with creating VPN connection

Bobbi2012

Lurker
Aug 12, 2012
I've had my SIII for 3 months now and I like it. However, I've been trying to create my VPN connection and haven't been successful yet. (don't know why) But does anyone know how to edit (or even view the parameters) of a VPN connection that I've created? After I create it, I try to connect and it says unsuccessful (after awhile). So then I'd either want to edit the setup or even just to Delete the named connection so I will start again with a new setup. I managed to setup a friends Android tablet so I know it can be done. HELP????

I've had my SIII for 3 months now and I like it. However, I've been trying to create my VPN connection and haven't been successful yet. (don't know why) But does anyone know how to edit (or even view the parameters) of a VPN connection that I've created? After I create it, I try to connect and it says unsuccessful (after awhile). So then I'd either want to edit the setup or even just to Delete the named connection so I will start again with a new setup. I managed to setup a friends Android tablet so I know it can be done. HELP????

I had the same issue

first time I noticed that I had my preshared key entered incorrectly

next time, I noticed that my password was wrong

so make sure all the fields are correct again and it should work

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones