1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[International] Help with Siyah and Undervolting/Underclocking

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by lavellep, Aug 10, 2012.

1. lavellep

lavellep Well-Known Member

Hi All,

So, I'm running Omega ROM v9.1 and Phenomenal Kernel 3.0 Normal (the other versions wouldn't work) but I'm finding the battery life to be pretty dismal compared to what others have seen.

I have heard that Siyah is a good kernel for battery life and I seem to remember this being the case when I had it on my S2. But wheras Phenomenal automatically sets your underclocking and undervolting prefs, I remember I had to do it manually using SetCPU on the S2. I followed somebody's instructions on here and it was pretty painless.

I wondered if somebody may be able to provide me with the details of their settings on that kernel using something like SetCPU so that I can copy them without cocking my phone up. I literally don't have a clue!!!

Incidentally, does anyone here use Omega ROM? I wonder if there is much difference between v9.1 which I'm using and v.11 which is now up and live. I just wonder how I could install it and have everything saved as it is when the new OS is loaded like it is now (using Titanium backup, I guess.) I'm tempted to upgrade if it is worth it, but if not, I'm happy to just update the kernel.

Ultimately, I just want amazing battery life which Phenomenal doesn't give me.

Any advice gratefully received.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Rastaman-FB

Rastaman-FB Extreme Android User

suroot has some, somewhere on another thread here.
    ive undervaulted mine but not as low as him. i find SUroots vaults are pretty much the lowest you can go while being stable however hes an extreme guy when it comes to undervaulting and i know him well from the desire days (and drinkies)
    its very likely that his vaultages are too low for you.

I copied his but added an extra .25 to each

if you search this sub forum for undervaulting you should find it

lavellep likes this.
  3. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Extreme Android User

I started by looking at gokhanmorals signature which says what he's changed with STweaks. I just figured that he's going to know what's best for his kernel. Then I guess I ignored him and made a few small changes.

lavellep likes this.
  4. SUroot

SUroot Extreme Android User

I can't get below 725mv. Androlinux or whatever his name is gets to 687. My point is I copied him and it wasn't stable.

You have to test your own settings.

The way I do this is to set the min and Max mhz to the voltage I'm testing in setcpu then stress test the voltage again in set CPU. If it freezes or reboots its too low

lavellep likes this.
  5. lavellep

Suroot - may I ask what settings you are using? I can't find that user you mention and am trying to avoid navigating 453 pages on the xda forum which I won't understand :)

6. SUroot

forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=28002755

7. lavellep

Thanks Suroot - and one final question if I may.. can you restore this kernel through CWM or do you have to use Mobile Odin etc? I know the former, not much about the latter. Am trying to do this sneakily while I have guests around which is why I can't camp on XDA all night.
    Thanks so much for your help.

8. lavellep

Actually, I've downloaded and installed.

Can anybody please advise me how to change all these in SetCPU.. I don't want to get it wrong and cock my phone up for good. I have the settings from XDA but there are all these categories and tabs and I don't know what the hell I'm doing.

Thanks in advance

9. SUroot

Apparently you can but I don't know how.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews