1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root [International] I think I soft bricked...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Rotormaster, Dec 7, 2014.

1. Rotormaster

Rotormaster Member
    None

Jun 13, 2010
    Hey guys. I have an LG G2 D802 running TWRP. I had restored a backup I had of the original LG ROM, and tried installing the OTA official update. It downloaded fine, and when I elected to restart and install the update, the phone booted into TWRP. I then wiped, and tried to restore the same backup... It restored successfully, but when I pressed reboot system it just rebooted back into TWRP.

I have a couple of backups, as well as numerous different ROMs. They all restore/flash succssesfully, but after rebooting system it keeps booting back into TWRP. It doesn't even begin the boot up animation, just goes straight back to TWRP.

Anything I can do?

Advertisement

2. Hadron

Hadron  
    VIP Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Spacecorp Test Pilot
    Dimension Jumping
    I would expect that the official update would require the official recovery as well as the official ROM before it could work, since it will use the recovery to install the update.

This will be fixable, but better handled by someone familiar with the device. I'll ask someone to move this to the device forum.

iowabowtech and Mikestony like this.
  3. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #
    None

May 2, 2010
    Making the Establishment nervous
    Iowa|USA
    Hadron likes this.

LG G2

The LG G2 has a 5.2-inch display with 1080p resolution. It also has a Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor, 2GB of RAM, a 13 megapixel camera, NFC, and more.
Tags: