• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [International] Inquisitions about rooting Galaxy SIII

Hollow704

Aug 19, 2012
hello everyone I just got my first ever droid today and much to my delight its the international version of the Samsung Galaxy SIII.

now heres the issue. its the GT-9308 version...so my question is : if I root my phone is there anyway to change the fw/rom/?? [whatever you call the programming on this bad boy] from this chinese mobile one that is lacking google play and is still partially in mandarin [which ya boy cant even slightly comprehend] to the GT-i9300 one?

I know this is probably impossible but if not then I'm not screwed and there is still hope :p

Welcome to Android Forums, Hollow704.:)
I have moved this into the 'all things root' area of the forum, so the rooting wizards here can post their helpful tips in this thread.

awesome thanx man i didnt see a root forum, albeit i was too anxious to look around for more than a few seconds.

hopefully someone can shed some light on my conundrum

Reactions: damewolf13
Upvote 0
seems to be. everything look almost identical to the one in this youtube video i watched. here is what is in the about device section

15hyl2f.png

Upvote 0
so if I flash it to the gt-i9300 rom it will be perfect minus the fact the phone portion will no longer work so its a no-go. I'm going to have to sell it and buy a 9300 instead...unfortunately I don't have a job since the US economy is shite right now so I'm not sure how much of a loss I'm going to have to make up for[I doubt I'll lose any money though considering I just traded a 4s for it so no biggie on that] thanx for the help y'all

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones