1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root [International] Installation of Stock ROM issue

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Gags111, Aug 8, 2013.

1. Gags111

Gags111 Newbie
    None

Jan 13, 2011
    As no one was able to reply to previous post? I attempted to put a stock rom back on the phone and then re-root.
    I found a link for the stock rom whick matched my Build number and using ODIN it successfully installed.
    Main issue I had previous was that I could not load into the Android recovery screen which I now can do.
    When the phone booted up I was very surprised to see a "Orange mobile" splash screen and also the addition of loads of Orange Apps? Which I've now disabled. Could be A French ROM?
    How can I get a Stock rom without any Mobile operator Bloatware and get rid of that Splash screen?
    I don't understand most of the details realted to my model number but it appears they have changed slightly.
    Here's the list;
    Model no. GT-N7100
    Android version 4.1.2
    Baseband version N7100BVDMF2
    Kernel version 3.031-107214 se.inFra@SEP-114#1
    SMP PREEMPT Sat Jun1 12.22.20 KST 2013
    Build number JZ054K.N7100XXDMF1

I have also downloaded the Samsung galxy note toolkit but cannot find my model numbers not shown within the ranges.
    Build numbers between DMA3 - DMC1. does that make a difference.
    Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Advertisement

2. heat57

heat57 Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 29, 2010
    Consultant
    Birmingham, UK
    Looks like you got hold of the French Orange firmware. Did you download from Sam Mobile? Here is a link for the UK unbranded ROM a N7100XXDME6 release, which for the UK is the latest Firmwares | SamMobile - be careful though, backup your EFS folder before flashing as there is an issue with latest firmwares having a modem/kernel package that modifies the EFS, which means if you flash an older ROM/kernel/modem combination you could face problems with no signal and an unknown IMEI; this results in no data connection and no phone calls. I don't want to worry you but if you make a EFS backup then you can always recovery that backup in the event. You can get the efs backup script for windows from here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2255943 - its very simple to run.

Gags111 likes this.