1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[International] Installing Stock Jellybean

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by The1nonly1, Jan 4, 2013.

1. The1nonly1

The1nonly1 Newbie

I am currently on Omega v9.0 XXBLG1 (Ice Cream Sandwich) but I want to install Jellybean. Can I just flash Jellybean over the top of my custom rom (and lose root) or do I have to unroot, return to stock ICS and then flash Jellybean?

Should I also do a full wipe before I flash Jellybean over Omega?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. SUroot

SUroot Extreme Android User

Why not simply flash the latest Omega based on jellybean?

3. The1nonly1

The1nonly1 Newbie

I wasn't sure if I could go from Omega ICS to Omega JB. If I can this will be much easier.

4. SUroot

The1nonly1 likes this.
  5. The1nonly1

The1nonly1 Newbie

Thanks I will look into this.

6. SUroot

Let me know if you have any questions before you jump in. Happy to answer anything I can.

7. The1nonly1

The1nonly1 Newbie

Yes I have all the backups I need. Should I do a factory reset before flashing Omega JB or after?

8. SUroot

It wont hurt to do it after. Then you can see if everything works. if ti does, you're good. If something doesn't work, go back into recovery and wipe.

9. The1nonly1

The1nonly1 Newbie

Ok, from what I have read the newer versions wipe cache and dalvik cache during install don't they? Factory reset is more 'extreme' than these two wipes if it doesnt work properly.

10. SUroot

Oh does it? I don't use Omega but yeah its no bad thing wiping /cache and /data/dalvik-cache. A factory reset (from recovery - cant stress that enough) will do both of the former but also /data in its entirety (data/app, data/data etc) which is essentially where anything "you" sits.

11. The1nonly1

The1nonly1 Newbie

I think iwill wipe /cache and dalvik-cache before install anyway. Do I flash the new Omega ROM with Odin?

12. SUroot

No, via recovery :)

CWM reocvery = .zips (Flashable only)

Odin = .tar / .pit / .img

13. The1nonly1

The1nonly1 Newbie

performed a factory reset in CWM and flashed Omega 36. Everything looks good so far, now just restoring apps with titanium backup

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews