• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [International] know of a 4.4 stable rooted ROM?

TLBEoGyOH

Lurker
Aug 5, 2013
Hi, I'm new on rooting and installing ROMs and on these forums, so hi! :wavey:

so basically i've been looking for a Kitkat ROM for the i-9300 for a while now, but all the ones i've found have had problems since they are 'nightly' :)confused: i don't know what that means) or are not kitkat. I'm not sure if ROMs can come pre-rooted, but i don't mind if i can root afterwards.also i don't want any of the makers software, i want 100% clean stock android.

Hi, I'm new on rooting and installing ROMs and on these forums, so hi! :wavey:

so basically i've been looking for a Kitkat ROM for the i-9300 for a while now, but all the ones i've found have had problems since they are 'nightly' :)confused: i don't know what that means) or are not kitkat. I'm not sure if ROMs can come pre-rooted, but i don't mind if i can root afterwards.also i don't want any of the makers software, i want 100% clean stock android.

There are quite a few stable 4.4 roms for the S3; I'm using Temaseks ROM with no issues at all.

Think you need to do some research first and understand what 'rooting' your phone actually is and does!
The process is easy these days with things like CF-Root and ODIN; but does always contain a small risk of bricking your device...so read, read and then read instructions!

Pure Android ROMs are available as are touchwiz with all the carrier bloatware removed.
Slim ROMS contain the least 'features'.

Have a look on XDA developers for information; or wait around here!

Have a loot in the root forum at the bottom of the S3 page for lots of info.

Upvote 0
I'm using Ground Zero CM11 (4.4.2) and very stable, about as stable as stock 4.3
[ROM][Validus][GZOSP][v-4.2][OFFICIAL][4.4.2][D2ATT] - xda-developers
here's the link(btw it's for the d2att variant (sgh-i747/i747m)
--------------
the only thing i miss is S-Voice (i loved having conversations with it)

Im a ground zero fan too (gotta love the clowns)
I used to run their CM build on my s3 but now im on AOSP NeatROM which is mega smooth and fast.
Just tonight i flashed ground zero's Validus 13 on my nexus7 and its pretty sweet :beer:

Upvote 0
hi guys,

just been trawling the rom lists over in xda :D
im on pa 3.99 at the mo - its my fave rom to date - but still get my launcher redrawing issue - so was thinking of doing a super clean wipe/flash ... which led me to looking for a new rom ;)

im still a bit suspicious about 4.4 roms as i think they dont have many feature at the mo... and maybe some camera issue?

might try temaseks maybe - does it have navbar?

thanks
dan

..... i did try neat aosp a while back but didnt like it for some reason :/ cant remember why now :D ... maybe should revisit

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones