• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [International] KT-SGS4 Kernel

Hawker mentioned about a profile for ktweaker to download.........can't find where to download it, hopefully the Welsh wizard will leave the sheep alone for a few minutes and point me in the right direction.....

All profiles are downloadable through the ktweaker app.
Ie.

Ktweaker: profiles and scripts: krweaker shop (profiles)

Then take your pick

Reactions: Sydney99
Upvote 0
Odd.
Working just fine for me.
I presume you have a working data/widi connection at the moment?

Wi-Di... always wondered what the Welsh for Wi-Fi was! ;)

hopefully the Welsh wizard will leave the sheep alone for a few minutes and point me in the right direction.....

Syd... stop being mean to Hawker! That was a baaad joke. You mutton say things like that! :dong:

Hawker... tell Syd about Viper and settings. Improved my sound quality no end. :thumb:

Upvote 0
One question I've never worked out (or perhaps I mean bothered to read properly!) Is whether you're supposed to use either the FX or XHifi version or both?? Previously I had both on, never got my head round what the difference is.....

EDIT: OK, I'm a lazy chump, the answer is easily found within 1 minute of reading the OPs on xda

EDIT2: the sound distortion only seems to happen on screen off btw

Upvote 0
I now have beautiful sounding music with thumping bass and improved clarity - definitely improves sound quality does Viper.

Unfortunately, between the runs of crystal clear clarity of the musical genius that is Mousse T, I'm still getting the distortion with screen off!!:hmmmm2:

back to the drawing board.....

Upvote 0
I now have beautiful sounding music with thumping bass and improved clarity - definitely improves sound quality does Viper.

Unfortunately, between the runs of crystal clear clarity of the musical genius that is Mousse T, I'm still getting the distortion with screen off!!:hmmmm2:

back to the drawing board.....

If you use ktcoonservativeq governor, set disable-hotplug to 1

Upvote 0
It's good to see the boys playing nicely. :bike:

In case anyone is wondering, ViPER4Android is basically a super equalizer that you can install as an .apk by following the instructions on their thread. It then asks you to download audio drivers. Once installed and re-booted, make sure you enable them in the phone's Settings > Sound > Music effects.

Also, if like me, you are using a 3rd party music player such as PowerAmp, that you un-check its equalizer settings and ensure that MusicFX is enabled in Tone/Vol.

You can now sit back and enjoy, "Heaven Knows", by The Pretty Reckless (The video is worth watching ;))

Right... back on topic. I'm loving this latest ktsoonsez kernel. Probably, one of the best I've used. Loads of Profiles to choose from to cater for battery lovers and the performance hogging speed merchants or you can use the KTweaker app that gets installed with the kernel to configure your own, unique, settings.

Upvote 0

Attachments

• IMG_42185438542706.jpg
    IMG_42185438542706.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 63
Upvote 0
New version up

Why the delay in letting us know guys.... Just can't get the staf!!

[quote name="ktoonsez"

Change Log 06.09.2014
1. Linux 3.4.92.
2. Merged in latest CM commits.
3. Ramdisk updates for AOSP.
4. 4.4.3 miscelanious stuff.
5. Fix IR for GE ROMs.
6. Merge in some more 4.4.3 stuff for GE.
7. Ktweaker update: AUTO HOTPLUG OPTION IS NOW A LIST SELECTION INSTEAD OF CHECK BOX, MAKE SURE YOU GO AND SET IT TO THE PROPER VALUE!!!!!!!!!!!!! So if you used to have the checkbox off, select "Disabled", if you had it checked, select "KT Auto Hotplug"[/QUOTE]

Send from my GT-I9505 with Tapatalk 4 Pro

Reactions: ironass
Upvote 0
ktoonsez kernels for 4.4 for Touchwiz, AOSP and Google Edition, ROMs, updated! :)

"Change Log 07.12.2014
1. Linux 3.4.95.
2. Linux 3.4.96.
3. Linux 3.4.97.
4. Linux 3.4.98.
5. Modified KTMonitor to fit better with wider fonts.
6. New ktoonservativeq parameter named "cpu_load_adder_at_max_gpu"!!!!!!!!!!!! This is an awesome parameter you can use to boost your CPU while the GPU is at max level. Example: if you set cpu_load_adder_at_max_gpu = 30 and while playing a game and your GPU is at max Mhz, the CPU load is only 22%, this parameter will add the 30 thus making the CPU load a 52% which will bring up the Mhz and more cores according to your settings.
7. 4.3 kernels are now moved into ******* END OF LIFE ******* section
8. Merged in the couple of CM commits.
"

Download

Source

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones