• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [International] Light Custom ROM - ?

alec92

Dec 4, 2011
I'm not up to date on the availability of ROMs these days, and am still using CheckROM. I'm wanting to upgrade to the new 'safe' kernel as my phone is very slow at the moment.

Just wondering what a good light custom ROM would be? I don't want anything fancy, I primarily use my phone for email, sms and phone. Also I want a ROM where I can use the fix to get past security on Exchange emails as I don't want to have to put in a PIN whenever I want to touch my phone.

Thanks

Thanks mate.

I just took a look on XDA forums and it seems as though wanam lite is 850mb.

The Omega ROM seems to be very popular and is only 760mb plus it appears to have a good range of flexibility given all the add-ons available in the kitchen.

Is Omega a good ROM too?

Thanks again!

Upvote 0
I didn't like it. Try them both.

Wanam is bigger because it uses the aroma installer which lets you choose the add ons during the install process - so the zip contains all the add ons too..

Wanam lite is lighter than omega. I don't use omega as I find it a little bloaty

Also half of omegas change log us credits to wanam so I thought "why not go to the source"

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones