• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [International] Lock Screen Light Effect gone aftwr I rooted

Firstly, you should have posted this in the All things root section After 445 posts, I thought you would have noticed how things work here on AF by now! (Its the same on the S3 forum too) :D

You have not mentioned what version of firmware you are currently on, nor the method you used to root so I can only second-guess possible solutions.

1. Make sure Air View is actually enabled (obviously)
2. If it is then its either a kernel or framework problem. Not knowing how you rooted, this process may have flashed an alternative kernel, which may not be fully gesture-compliant. Obvious first thing to try is flashing a kernel that is known to be fully functional with Samsung gestures (examples I know work for the GT-I9505 are talexop, KT, audism, faux but you will have to find out compatible kernels for your GT-I9500) Please note that as well as your device, you could also need to flash a kernel that is appropriate to your specific firmware version.
3. If this still does not work then you will probably need to reflash your rom, or at the very least the related files in /system/framework

Reactions: thahim
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones