1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[International] Moto g, kinda bricked, need help (probably restoring firmware)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by purpleend, Oct 5, 2014.

1. purpleend

purpleend Lurker

So, I have posted a thread before and, well the problem changed. Long story short, had a problem, tried to restore to firmware, now once I start the phone up it gets stuck on "bootloader unlocked"

I think I messed up while restoring firmware or something, mabye you could help me figure this out. I'm desprate as I haven't used this or any other phone in 3 months :/

The guide I used: [GUIDE] Moto G - Restore stock firmware | Moto G | XDA Forums

I'll be waiting :/

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. alfick3

alfick3 Android Expert

I've followed that guide before, after trying out a custom ROM and deciding to go back to stock. I had no problems; I thought it was pretty self explanatory in how to do it. What version of Moto G do you have? Can you get into fastboot still? Turn off phone, then holding vol up/down and the power button for several seconds. After a few seconds (maybe 10) let go and you should be in the bootloader. Then you can plug in the phone and your computer will recognize it in fastboot mode.

There are several tutorials out on the web about fastboot, and they most all will apply even if its not for the Moto G specifically. The guide has the commands to run. If you already have the boot loader unlocked (and based on your post stating you are stuck at that screen it appears you do) you don't have to use mfastboot (Motorola fastboot), you can just use fastboot.

Motorola Moto G (1st Gen) Forum

The Motorola Moto G (1st Gen) release date is unknown..Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown.
Release Date
Reviews