• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [International] Moto G unlock boot loader, root/recovery

Thanks for checking on that. I am planning on using the command line to flash mine as well. It's just nice to know that things are becoming official.
Things move fast when there is hype followed by unlocked boot loader It was like it was a week when we had a "working" recovery root and it just a great thing for us flashabolics and devs. I hope other OEMS see this along with carriers (T-Mobile locking down Sony phones) and change their way of thinking. Next uncarrier should be like "your phone will be yours to do whatever

Reactions: alfick3
Upvote 0
Just installed TWRP 2.7.0.0 through Goo Manager on Moto G.
Smooth as silk. Im on XT-1034 US Motorola Version.

Okaryn on XDA submitted this post:
You can find the XT-1032 CWM 2.7.0.0 Flashable Zip here, and the IMG format with Fastboot tool here

Thanks for that info. Sorry I haven't kept up with this thread, I haven't gotten the Moto G yet. I'm still planning to, but things just haven't worked out like I was hoping they would. Life just gets in the way of things.

Upvote 0
So, I just got my G yesterday, and have rooted and gotten CWM installed. I tried Phillz Touch recovery, and TWRP, but went back to CWM (I bought the touch version).

I'll go in and update the OP when I have some time (especially now since I actually have the phone).

Sound like took no more than 20 minutes unlocked bootloader is amazing

Upvote 0
How do you feel about it? I did side by sides of a few phones moto g beat all save for the moto x....the moto x display is so vibrant... It looked like it was almost super real.. My TL looked so washed out compared, and her old g wasn't matching at all

I'm lovin' it. It's a gorgeous screen. It's smooth. It's fantastic.

Upvote 0
I just received motorola notice that Lollipop update is now available for me.

Having rooted my moto G, must I unroot first before I update to Lollipop?

Where can I get instructions to unroot if that is required?

Thanks for whatever help from you guys!

What version of the phone do you have? There is a thread over on XDA forums that explains how to unroot, however, I think that if all you've done is root, you can use the super su asp and unroot. Of you've put any xposed modules on you'll have to take them of as well. You'll also have to flag the stock recovery back on. I'm at work now so can't provide links, but go to XDA and search for the Moto G and then for what I just told you about.

I'd really like to know what version you have; of its the XT1034 them in going back to stock so I can get the update as well.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones