• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [International] 'My Files' Folder on S4 i9505 running Echoe Kit Kat Rom

sidny187

Lurker
Dec 25, 2013
Hi,

I've searched & searched & not been able to find a solution to my problem which I find a little odd that on one else has raised this issue before...???

Basically, I've flashed the Echoe Kit Kat 4.4 rom on to my S4 i9505. All is working fine however what I have noticed with kit kat 4.4 is that it no longer has the 'My Files' folder which the previous versions of Jelly Bean had.

I think the 'my files' folder is part of touchwiz or samsung apps however as 4.4 has not officially been introduced for the S4 i9505, the kit kat rom is similar if not the same one used on the Nexus 5 which I previously owned and again this did not have the 'my files' folder on their either.

Now you may suggest that I simply download one of the many file explorer apps from the play store to solve this problem, however I have already done so and in my opinion whilst these apps allow you access to your files both on your internal & external storage, I have yet to come across a 'My files' app that allows you share your files via WI-FI direct between phone & tablet like the way the very simple 'My files' folder on Jelly Bean 4.3 & older did...!!

Previously, on Jellybean 4.3 & older you could simply go into 'My files' folder select your file & share via wi-fi which I used to do all the time between my phone & my Samsung tablet note 10.1.

However, this I can no longer do with Kit Kat! Is there anyway to re-install the 'My Files' folder from 4.3 back into kit kat & continue to enjoy the most simplest wi-fi file sharing process ever!!

Any help is much appreciated and thank you.

You could certainly try to back up the app you wish to use using titanium backup or similar app.

Best bet is make a backup of the Rom your currently on, do a full wipe, flash the Rom you wish to create backup from, (ensure you have a copy of the backup saved somewhere safe from wipe) do another full wipe and restore your nandroid/backup of your current Rom and using the app you create a backup with, try and restore said app.... if it doesn't work or causes any problems, you might have to accept you can't get it and do another wipe and restore the backup again :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones