• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [International] N9005 LTE 32GB international IMEI null/null

ohayyam

Lurker
Jul 24, 2014
and baseband unknown ?

Any help suggestion ?

info from xda forum for your information:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndemin View Post
To all, previously I have same problem regarding unknown broadband and NULL IMEI. I have done some experiment to solve the problem. I face the problem during flashing custom ROM (Android KitKat 4.4.2). At the same time I have also the following problem: "the device is locked for abnormal factory reset". Many tips/tricks/tools/flash suggested in the forum not working. So, I try to share my experience here.

A. Solution for "the device is locked for abnormal factory reset"
I notice this problem occur after wiping data from CWM. Even the reactivation lock is not ticked (setting>general>security) you will have this problem.
I used normal method to solve this problem. The key is we must remember username and password for samsung account.
1. Try to log in into Samsung account url (https://account.samsung.com/account/check.do) from laptop/computer.
2. Make sure you have active internet connection (wifi or mobile data)
3. Flash your Note 3 (mine N9005) with stock ROM or custom ROM (assume you have proper CWM). If you use custom ROM, select stock kernel (or select any stock in any option)
4. Configure Note 3 (name and gmail account as well) and if you enter the page that shows "the device is locked for abnormal factory reset" then login using email and and pasword in step 1. The phone should be fine now.

B. Solution for unknown broadband or NULL IMEI
1. Backup your importand data, phone addres from the phone.
2. Do factory data reset (setting>general>backup and reset)
3. Flash Stock ROM using Odin (you can wipe data from CWM before flasing stock ROM, but you may have locked device problem)
4. Flash your modem from this link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2475714
5. Problem should be solved, then you can root and flash custom ROM

Hope this method can help yot to solve the problem...
Thanks but i already tired that N9005 LTE modems + 6 more modems from omega roms... still imei null and unknown baseband...

You have a corrupted EFS folder. Unfortunately this can sometimes happen when flashing. Unless you have a back up of it (usually an option once rooted and a custom recovery is installed, from the custom recovery) you are unfortunately lost.

There are many guides on the Internet explaining how to restore it, but they don't work in my experience. Without a back up to restore you have a wifi only phablet I'm afraid.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones