1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root [International] Need Assistance

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by BurstChaos, Aug 27, 2014.

1. BurstChaos

BurstChaos Lurker
    None

Aug 27, 2014
    Ok so I have attached a photo of my falcon folder and I am a newbie at this and I messed up while trying to flash my rom and now I am trying to find out which one of these file is the actual stock rom. Please Help me and If anyone knows can you please tell me how you know as I want to know.

Attached Files:

Advertisement

2. croy2007

croy2007 Resident Punisher
    None

Jul 24, 2012
    Disabled
    Central TN, USA
    Welcome to the forums. If you tell me if you have the international or US version I can move this so you may receive better help.

3. BurstChaos

BurstChaos Lurker
    None

Aug 27, 2014
    I know it is model XT1032 I followed this guide
    xdadevelopers.com and the command prompt said preflash validation failed. i have added an attachment.

Attached Files:

4. Thom

Thom  
    VIP Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Male
    Software Developer
    Keene, NH USA
    Are you inside or outside the US? When we know that we will move your question to the appropriate sub-forum where root-related questions are discussed. That is where the other users are found who share your environment.

... Thom

BurstChaos likes this.
  5. BurstChaos

BurstChaos Lurker
    None

Aug 27, 2014
    I got it and live in the UK.

6. Member1660584

None
    I think this should help you.

BurstChaos likes this.
  7. BurstChaos

BurstChaos Lurker
    None

Aug 27, 2014
    What do i do can you please give me a step by step guide.

8. Member1660584

None
    I just figured that would help you find the file you were looking for. Look on the page in the link I posted and look for tour region (UK), and match the numbers of that firmware to the stock ROM you have on your computer. Make sure you have the correct android version (4.4.2 most likely). If you don't see the same numbers then maybe you don't have the stock firmware on your computer and will have to download it. It will be something like KBX20.9-10... If you locate the correct firmware, I may be able to further assist you.
    Edit: I'm sorry , it should be something like 174.44.9 if it was 4.4.2 KitKat.

BurstChaos likes this.
  9. BurstChaos

BurstChaos Lurker
    None

Aug 27, 2014
    I have downloaded all three O2UK files as I'm on O2 but I was currently using the tar.gz file as it was the only one I was able to get a response from.

10. Member1660584

None
    Do you have android SDK or at least minimal adb and fastboot setup on your PC? If so, see if this helps Manually flashing an OTA-update | sadevil.org

Edit: You should probably go with the 176 firmware , it is the latest update.

BurstChaos likes this.
  11. BurstChaos

BurstChaos Lurker
    None

Aug 27, 2014
    Are you sure that will work with the Moto g. I don't want to attempt it just in case it messes up my phone even further.

12. Member1660584

None
    Somehow that wasn't the same page as I copied the link from. I don't know why. Just look somewhere like XDA developers forums for a guide to flash firmware through fastboot. I'm not by a PC right now, I'm on my phone. The commands should be the same for what ever phone you have.

Edit: here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2542219

BurstChaos likes this.
  13. Thom

Thom  
    VIP Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Male
    Software Developer
    Keene, NH USA
    This thread was moved to the sub-forum where this root-ed device is discussed. That is the best place to find others with your environment.

... Thom

BurstChaos likes this.
  14. BurstChaos

BurstChaos Lurker
    None

Aug 27, 2014
    I have attached a link for what command I get back when I use any of the .xml files. Before I used the tar.gz file I would always use the .xml file and would constantly get this response back. I increased its size in hopes that you will be able to see it better.

Attached Files:

15. alfick3

alfick3 Android Expert
    None

Feb 7, 2011
    Male
    IBM SSR
    DFW, TX
    Hey Thom, I just wanted to mention that you actually don't have a all things root section for the US GSM Moto G (XT1034, XT1032). You have the all things root for the CDMA (Boost/Verizon) version. Maybe if the forum can re-name this sub-forum from (International) Moto G to just (GSM) Moto G or something like that. Basically, all the GSM Moto G's can be rooted and custom recoveried the same way, regardless if they are here in the US or in Europe or Asia. Thanks.

16. Member1660584

None
    I can't read the attachment. Try uploading it without enlarging it.

BurstChaos likes this.
  17. BurstChaos

BurstChaos Lurker
    None

Aug 27, 2014
    Ok so Iam sorry I was not able to reply I was away for 2 days. I returned yesterday and found a video by rootjunky that let me download a file the would completely reset my phone. So I used it and it worked and now I have downloaded Cyanogenmod successfully but I have another question. I have attached a screenshot and on the status bar, on the wifi icon there are 2 arrows I would like to know what they mean. Thank You all for helping me I couldn't solve this for 6 days making my phone useless.

Attached Files:

18. Member1660584

None
    Deleted

BurstChaos likes this.
  19. Member1660584

None
    These arrows are data activity indicators. The top one is for uploading data and the bottom download. When your phone is uploading or downloading these will show that one or the other is active. They let you know that your connection is active or not.
    Glad to hear you straighened everything out.

BurstChaos likes this.
  20. BurstChaos

BurstChaos Lurker
    None

Aug 27, 2014
    Thank You, I was searching for so long on google to find out what those arrows meant. Everytime my internet would weaken they would popup so I though that meant that they were indicators to how stron or weak your internet is.

Thank You for everything.

21. wajeeha khan

wajeeha khan Lurker
    None

Aug 30, 2014
    Female
    Hi there... I've an Samsung Galaxy S2 plus..Recently I've problem in downloading any images of files from Internet. It just says downloading started but I can't see it on my notification bar or in download section in my Gallery.Will be really happy if it starts working again... I m new n don't knw where n how to post a question... kindly help me ..

22. Member1660584

None
    This forum is for Motorola Moto G. You should post in the forums for Samsung Galaxy S2.

Motorola Moto G (1st Gen)

The first generation Moto G was the released in November of 2013. The phone was the first in Motorola's new mid-range line that targeted the sweet spot between specs and pricing. It originally built for emerging markets, but also saw success as a low-priced Android phone option in other parts of the world. The Moto G 1st Gen features Features 4.5-inch LCD display, Snapdragon 400 processor, 16GB storage, 1GB RAM. 5MP rear/1.3MP front facing cameras, and a removable 2,070 mAh battery.