• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [International] No-frills cpu control settings?

funkylogik

share the love peeps ;)
Sep 15, 2011
Paisley, Scotland, Western Europe
Whats everyones opinion of fastest (lets use quadrant as a standard and best battery saving settings?
Min(is there any point changing min above 200?)
Max
Governer and
I/o ?

Quadrant just seems to throw up random results for me. I always reboot and clear ram to keep it scientific but results vary wildly.
4.1.2 quad core btw.
I know battery stats are a much longer process lol n im lazy.

Please just no-frills and no undervolting coz im not that advanced, cheers :beer:

Yeah im usin siyah too.
Just got this on quadrant at 1.6, pegasq, cfu
(See below)
1st time ive beat 6000
Thats with checkin a couple things in dev options.
I find 1ghz runs ok but duno if its saving me much batt.
One day il have the patience to play with undervolting lol but batt life isnt really a problem for me right now.

Heres a question ive asked before but unsure what forum... does "power saving" lower the clock by a certain amount or set it at a factory defined speed?

Upvote 0
uploadfromtaptalk1356728226843.jpg
urynaqu2.jpg

Upvote 0
Out of curiosity can you put the row scheduler on instead of cfq and see what results you get. It appeared in the last siyah update but I only noticed it a couple of days ago so I can't really compare until I go back to work in the new year and get my usual days worth from the phone. I've googled it but there's not too much info other than its designed for flash drives instead of hard drives like the others.

Upvote 0
i have setcpu installed. I normally seth the governor to ondemand. I dont really know what the second thing is there it has many options like cfq/vr/noop/deadline/sio. Im currently running Siyah Kernel.

This link should be useful. But as SU said, only use pegasusq, it's the only one which was designed for quad core. Although lulzactive does work if you want a little extra performance.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1369817

Upvote 0
Out of curiosity can you put the row scheduler on instead of cfq and see what results you get. It appeared in the last siyah update but I only noticed it a couple of days ago so I can't really compare until I go back to work in the new year and get my usual days worth from the phone. I've googled it but there's not too much info other than its designed for flash drives instead of hard drives like the others.

Sorry i dont have that so im obv not on latest kernal bro :(

Hows this for an example of how the s3 likes workin with low ram
uploadfromtaptalk1356905014428.jpg

1.6ghz:uploadfromtaptalk1356905079416.jpg

1.4(stock)uploadfromtaptalk1356905120173.jpg

(Pega..... and cfq [which i think ill stick with])

And heres 1ghz which im runnin now with less than 100mb ram n not much scrolling lag....

Upvote 0
This link should be useful. But as SU said, only use pegasusq, it's the only one which was designed for quad core. Although lulzactive does work if you want a little extra performance.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1369817

So peggysue or whatever sorry is the only only governor recommended for multicores?
Il try the lucozade (again sorry) while my rams full n c what i get at 1.6.

Undervolting is my next project...... and making a baby..... :)

Upvote 0
Do u respect/use any benchmarks?

Not really to be honest. Its all very well seeing what numbers you get but it doesn't reflect real life. You may get 1000 less than me, but your device may be more fluid and feel faster in the hand and thats what counts. Sometimes optimising the UI comes at the "price" of lower benchmarks yet it is more responsive... so I try not to get bogged down with benchmarks

It feels slick at 1.6, pega**** and CFQ most of the times but i get the odd keyboard freeze n that bothers me.

Thats odd. But yeah I also keep mine at 1400 now. I use to go up to 1704 but theres no real need for me to do so

Whats different about the Note2 that it can run flawlessly at 1.6 stock?

Dunno. Voltage?

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones