• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [International] No keyboard there...

S4ghuru

Lurker
Nov 3, 2013
Help please. My phone is rooted and I deleted the standard samsung s4 keyboard and replaced it with swift key. I also deleted my files and replaced with file explorer.

I did a factory reset of phone and now there is no keyboard to use.
As no keyboard I can't get into playstore to download a keyboard and when I plug phone to my computer as I have no file explorer on the phone can't see the APk file I transfer so I can launch it.

I'm not technical at all so any help so I can use the phone will be appreciated to get a keyboard APk back on my phone.

But that link just takes me to playstore and I need to get the app from playstore to my phone.

I got a backup on backup pro but again can't execute it as can't get the backup pro app to the phone as although I have transferred the APk file to the phone from computer you can't see the file on the phone as no file explorer to find it. Any help be appreciated or a call to help me.

Upvote 0
Make sure your device is completely off
Key Combos: Volume Up + Home
While holding both of them simultaneously press the Power button
As soon as the phone vibrates, let go of the Power button but keep holding Volume Up + Home
When you see the "Samsung Galaxy S4" logo (not just the word "Samsung"), right after that, the next screen you should see is your recovery
Don't let go of Volume Up + Home until you see your recovery

What do you see... what does it say?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones