• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [International] No service on Samsung galaxy s4

so i m kind of a noob when it comes to phones but i have a samsung galaxy s4 rooted with supersu? im not sure i didn't do it the phone was given to me. but basically i will get service when i turn the phone on but then when the screen gets locked the service is lost and i have to manually reconnect it through network settings. this is constantly happening and is becoming a pain.

Help would be much appreciated thanks !

eDIT: IM ON 3 MOBLIE (UK)

galaxy-s4-stock-recovery.jpg
Does it look like this?

Reactions: shairanbose
Upvote 0
so i m kind of a noob when it comes to phones but i have a samsung galaxy s4 rooted with supersu? im not sure i didn't do it the phone was given to me. but basically i will get service when i turn the phone on but then when the screen gets locked the service is lost and i have to manually reconnect it through network settings. this is constantly happening and is becoming a pain.

Help would be much appreciated thanks !

eDIT: IM ON 3 MOBLIE (UK)

I guess you have the International version, GT-i9505, but you do not give your firmware details. See, #1.2 and #1.3 of 18 Galaxy S4 models - know yours?. Also, could you give a link to the method you used to root your phone.

Upvote 0
I guess you have the International version, GT-i9505, but you do not give your firmware details. See, #1.2 and #1.3 of 18 Galaxy S4 models - know yours?. Also, could you give a link to the method you used to root your phone.

Yes i do have the gt 19505 i did waht u said by dailing *#1234# and the results are
AP:19505XXUEMK8
CP:19505XXUAMDC
CSC:19505BTUEMK5

as for the root method i have no idea as it ws rooted when i recievied it.

thanks for the help btw:)

Reactions: ironass
Upvote 0
Yes i do have the gt 19505 i did waht u said by dailing *#1234# and the results are
AP:19505XXUEMK8
CP:19505XXUAMDC
CSC:19505BTUEMK5

as for the root method i have no idea as it ws rooted when i recievied it.

thanks for the help btw:)

I see that you are on Android 4.3 firmware with the locked bootloader and Knox Security, see post #1 of Knox Security & locked bootloader on new firmwares.

Has your Know flag been tripped as this determines the next course of action? See #1.4 of the previous link.

Upvote 0
I see that you are on Android 4.3 firmware with the locked bootloader and Knox Security, see post #1 of Knox Security & locked bootloader on new firmwares.

Has your Know flag been tripped as this determines the next course of action? See #1.4 of the previous link.

so in download mode the top left states the folowing

ODIN mode
product name: gt-19505
curretn bianry :CUSTOM
system status :CUSTOM
konx kernal lock: 0x0
knox warrenty void: 0x1
csb config lsb : 0x30
write protection: enabled
eMMC Burst mode enabled

Upvote 0
so in download mode the top left states the folowing

ODIN mode
product name: gt-19505
curretn bianry :CUSTOM
system status :CUSTOM
konx kernal lock: 0x0
knox warrenty void: 0x1
csb config lsb : 0x30
write protection: enabled
eMMC Burst mode enabled

So, whoever rooted it has voided the Knox warranty. Only a guess... but they may have also tried to revert back to Android 4.2.2 in an attempt get rid of Knox and obtain an unlocked bootloader. Unfortunately, as per #1.1 of Knox Security & locked bootloader on new firmwares, this is not possible and could be the reason you are experiencing these problems.

I would suggest flashing the stock firmware for your phone... AP:19505XXUEMK8 / CSC:19505BTUEMK5, if you can find it, via Odin.

Instructions for flashing stock firmware are given in the link, #1.5, of 18 Galaxy S4 models - know yours?.

Hopefully, this will rectify your current problem.

Depending how you came by the phone, you may want to check that it has not been blacklisted by a carrier as an unpaid contract or stolen. You can do this via Checkmend.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones