• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [International] Omega ROM

I have used the Omega rom and it has all the touchwiz features I need but for some reason the battery life was shockingly bad I would flash the rom and check it out for yourself it might be that I didn't customise it enough. when you say customise what part of the rom do you want customise.

Like the status bar, lockscreen effect etc. Also could you please instruct me how to install Omega ROM (and where to download it from?) I'm new to rooting. Thanks

Upvote 0
I got it from the XDA, have you rooted your phone if first thing is to ensure you have clock mod recovery installed.

Step one boot in to recovery mode
Step two create a back up
Step choose the omega Rom from your phone memory
Step four install the rom and wait for the phone to boot up correctly

thats a basic way to do it you can find loads of videos on how to on youtube (thats how I learnt) as for the lockscreens effect you best use something like widget locker or go locker as for the status bar you can download rom tool box pro and change the icons.

Just always remember when flashing a rom BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP.

let me know if you need help finding the videos.

Upvote 0
I got it from the XDA, have you rooted your phone if first thing is to ensure you have clock mod recovery installed.

Step one boot in to recovery mode
Step two create a back up
Step choose the omega Rom from your phone memory
Step four install the rom and wait for the phone to boot up correctly

I do have Clockmod recovery but where do I get the Omega ROM from? I can't find it? Could you send me the link please!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones