• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [International] Orange /EE jelly bean update

laddie79

Jul 2, 2012
Hi guys,

Just spoke to Orange customer service and the update for the none LTE phones was due to be released on December 1st but got delayed and there is now no ETA of the software update to Jelly Bean.

So tempted to root but I don't really know how big a risk that really is. Any help would be greatly appreciated... Feel free to post more orange - related frustrations!
This is posted from the UK :)

Thanks guys.

My only concern is that so many of the root guides seem to be America-specific for Sprint etc. and I am on Orange in the UK (what is now EE).

I'm worried I'd use an incompatible ROM or something like that. Does anyone know of any specific ROMs to either use or avoid?

Also, I read about unrooting a phone - is this entirely possible should something go wrong?

I like my phone too much for it to be a paper weight :)

Upvote 0
I'm new here. I've rooted my phone and very carefully removed some of the bloatware from the Galaxy SIII. I installed Titanium backup and a lot of funware. I can't remember is clockworkmod recovery part of the installed software?

What is "flashing" and how do I flash Jellybean? There is a new Verizon update but it isn't working. BTW my phone is an SCHi535 (Verizon).

Upvote 0
I'm new here. I've rooted my phone and very carefully removed some of the bloatware from the Galaxy SIII. I installed Titanium backup and a lot of funware. I can't remember is clockworkmod recovery part of the installed software?

What is "flashing" and how do I flash Jellybean? There is a new Verizon update but it isn't working. BTW my phone is an SCHi535 (Verizon).

This is the international phone model sub forum so we cannot answer you with any degree of certainty. Different models and all..

Post a thread here if the answer isnt obvious:

(Verizon) Galaxy S3 - All Things Root - Android Forums

Upvote 0
I've moved this to all things root:)

As mentioned give the sticky a read. If you do decide to root just take your time and ask if you're unsure and we'll be happy to help

Wow had no idea youre a mod Shotgun!!
N u still have time to help.
Nice one. Have a few :beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer: on me :)

Upvote 0
u do not need to root ur phone ot get jb.. just unbrand it - take al sh.t from orange fromj ur phone.. it will still be locked to network but os will be pure from samsung...
I know I'm with orange and got jb since november ^^

i got video on youtube but I'm not allowed to post it here..
just go check channel kromaggo2pl there is a video how to debrand ur phone nice and easy :p no need to risk rooting....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones