• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [International] Overclocking a GS3

Ha Ha, I've just read back on this thread, ive learnt a lot in just a few weeks,
Phone setup is now

Model GT-I9300
Andorid ver, 4.4.2
baseband ver, I9300BUGML1
Kernal Boeffla-omnirom-2-1-beta-20140116@andip71 #1
Slim version, AOSP .neatROM.slim4.4.2.RCI.V2.5
Build no. I9300AOSPNeatROM v2.5
Recovery philz touch v 6.0.4.5

Ive had a bit of fun playing with the overclocking but battery drain is A biatch, been charging it twice a day, I've now set my 3 e-mails accounts to update only every 2 hours, turned off chat heads for faceache, how can I set up the Boeffla kernel to save my battery, also i'm hoping to set my auto updating apps to only overnight while its on charge if poss..............

Upvote 0
For battery saving Zzmove governor seems to be the way to go as it will turn off cores unless they are needed but I've found, using the same kernel as you, Zzmove to be pretty unstable for some reason. Used to work beautifully for me but I kept getting a lot of freezes and had to reboot the phone so I've set the governor as pegasusplus.

For updating over night you can set a tasker profile or two to turn your sync off between certain hours or leave it on if it's plugged in :thumb:

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0
Talking about over clock...
mugysu7u.jpg

I got 23.5 k in antutu once beat that :p
Sent using exynos s3

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones