1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

International Phone to use overseas (Australia)

Discussion in 'Sprint' started by twospirits, Sep 20, 2010.

1. twospirits

twospirits AF's janitor

Oct 4, 2009
    Male
    Database Programmer, Sprint Advocate
    Queens, NY
    Lately I've been on a kick of traveling overseas. Now, I'll be traveling to Australia in November and I know that my EVO 4G is not a world phone so it won't work out there. (Although, I used it in Paris with wifi only).
    I still have an additional phone on one of my accounts (HTC Hero) that I can upgrade so I was thinking about getting a Sprint World phone.
    The only one that I like from their selection is the HTC Touch Pro 2. I would have preferred an android phone but sprint doesn't have one. :mad:

Anyway, So my only two options (that I can see) are
    1-Upgrade the Hero to the Touch Pro 2 and use that for my international travels.
    or
    2-Get another phone from another carrier :eek: like Verizon or T-Mobile that is android (similar to the EVO) which works down under. use it only for the time I'm down there and return it before 30 days for a refund.
    (Although this option makes me feel like I'm doing something illegal and dirty).

So what would my options be? (and are there any other options I am overlooking).

post away...

TS out

Advertisement

2. ScorpDX

ScorpDX Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2010
    I do some stuff and get paid for it...that's all t
    Dallas/Fort Worth
    That's what makes it so much fun!

I'd go with option 2 just because...

3. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice

Nov 28, 2009
    I'd just get a cheap unlocked phone and purchase a prepaid SIM card. Will you need your same number while there?

4. twospirits

twospirits AF's janitor

Oct 4, 2009
    Male
    Database Programmer, Sprint Advocate
    Queens, NY
    Not really need the same number, but just would like to keep track of my emails and tweets. I won't be able to teether the phone like I do with the EVO, (unless i get the Touch Pro 2) so I guess maybe just get a cheap phone like you said. The thing is once you get a phone like the EVO/Incredible/Droid is really is hard going back to a cheap phone. :eek:

TS