1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Root [International] Problem in Heimdall while flashing stock rom on s3 i9300 "ABOOT" missing

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by morganflame, Jul 28, 2013.

1. morganflame

morganflame Lurker

Hello everybody,

I'm gonna jump right into the topic and so, as the tittle says, I'm trying to flash my galaxy s3 i9300 from Norway back to the stock rom, after an upgrade of the custom rom I had installed went wrong and stuck my phone on the boot screen.

Basically, I've posted a thread asking for help and nice people suggested I should flash to the stock rom and so I followed this tutorial here : androidrootz.com/2013/06/how-to-unroot-galaxy-s3-on-mac-osx.html

My problem is now that I'm stuck at the step 10 : Click on "Add" and select "ABOOT". Then click on "Browse" and locate "aboot.mbn". It is in the folder that was renamed and untarred. Then click "Add" and do the process again for the all files in the folder (watch the video above for detailed instructions).

aboot.mbn --- ABOOT
    boot.img --- BOOT
    cache.img.ext4 --- CACHE
    NON-HLOS.bin --- MODEM
    recovery.img --- RECOVERY
    rpm.mbn --- RPM
    sbl2.mbn --- SLB2
    sbl3.mbn --- SLB3
    system.img.ext4 --- SYSTEM
    tz.mbn --- TZ

Exactly, the problem is that I can't see any ABOOT feature in the list it's supposed to appear and to be more precise, I'm gonna tell you what I've got.

In Heimdall, I can find these features in the scroller :

TZSW
    BOTA0
    BOTA1
    EFS
    PARAM
    BOOT
    RECOVERY
    RADIO
    CACHE
    SYSTEM
    HIDDEN
    OTA
    USERDATA
    BOOTLOADER

In the stock ROM .tar file, I can find these files after untarring :

boot.img
    cache.img
    hidden.img
    modem.bin
    recovery.img
    sboot.bin
    system.img
    tz.img

As you can see, nothing really fits there.

I've downloaded the stock ROM from the site suggested in the tutorial and it seems to be the one corresponding to my country since it's the only one for Norway for the operator Telenor, which is actually not my operator... but I'm guessing they all use the same.

Anyway, if anybody could help me step up to 11, that would be awesome. Just tell me if you need more infos, I don't know what you guys need to know to be able to answer my problem.

I wish you all a great summer
    Peace
    Morgan

Advertisement

2. CDPlant

CDPlant Android Expert

Hi Morgan :)

I've just gone onto my Heimdall frontend and I can't see an ABOOT either :thinking: I'm not exactly sure what would happen if you were to just miss that part out and add all the others, so I don't want to suggest it in case something bad happens :(

Have you seen this guide? It should be possible to unroot by just using the phone. In this guide you use Mobile Odin to flash the ROM, so you only need to transfer the stock ROM to your phone and not need to use your computer again.

I haven't unrooted mine so I can't attest to this guide, but it's worth a try if the Heimdall method won't work

funkylogik likes this.
  3. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)

Ive never used mobile odin but yeah flashing stock firmware will unroot the phone. Do you really want it unrooted though? Why not just try another custom rom? :beer:

4. morganflame

morganflame Lurker

Hello everyone.

Thanks for your answers. To be honest, I'm at the point where I don't really care if my phone gets unrooted, worst case I would reroot it after. But now it's in such a state that I can't do anything.

I can boot in download mod and in recovery mod, but I can't connect to the file manager on my mac to upload a rom in the phone in order to install it since th e phone never fully boots.

My phone turned into a useless piece of plastic :(

5. CDPlant

CDPlant Android Expert

Do you have a nandroid backup of your previous ROM?