• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [International] Problem with the root on my brand new Galaxy S4?

sizreem

Jun 2, 2013
Hey guys! I recently got the new Samsung galaxy S4 and I noticed how the bloatware takes up about 55% of all memory and I wanted to delete them by rooting.

I successfully rooted the android device and even got SuperSU by the time I finished. When I started using Titanium Back Up, it told me that my root access was denied? I researched a bit more and people told me to install Busy Box but that had problems because of SuperSU which I don't understand still.
Can somebody PLEASE help me out I'm going ballistic...

My device is the International version i9500

Much thanks, and please try your best to help out!

What people told you to install busy box?
Is everything else still working?Can you use root checker from the app store?If so, what does it say?Try uninstalling busy box?

I talked to my friend about it and he asked if the binary is getting updated and I told him no. It keeps failing when trying to install. Si everytime I'm trying to gain root access it fails. I tried researching everywhere but found no solution... Would you know anything?

Upvote 0
What people told you to install busy box?
Is everything else still working?Can you use root checker from the app store?If so, what does it say?Try uninstalling busy box?

I talked to my friend about it and he asked if the binary is getting updated and I told him no. It keeps failing when trying to install. Si everytime I'm trying to gain root access it fails. I tried researching everywhere but found no solution... Would you know anything?

Upvote 0
Okay, right now I just followed this video tutorial:

How to Root Galaxy S4 using CWM Method! - YouTube

and everything was pefect until I finished everything and launched SuperSU,where I got the pop-up message:

"There is no SU binary installed, and superSU cannot install it. This is a problem"

I tried backing up on CMW recovery because I read somewhere that I should do that but still no luck...

Upvote 0
Firstly you want to make sure you have the correct drivers installed for your phone, which shouldn't be an issue if you already tried rooting through Odin you will then need to download official stock Rom from Sam mobile, make sure it's the correct one for your device(you should have taken note of firmware prior to rooting?) Then follow this guide I copied from elsewhere..

Then you open Odin and follow this guide I copied(because it's a stock Rom and not just a kernel your flashing, you'll need to replace the .tar file with a .md5 file as seen in the file downloaded from Sam mobile. If in doubt it'll probably be the one that has the biggest file size....

With Odin displayed on your PC screen, click on the PDA button and navigate to the .tar file, that you placed on your home screen, and select it.

Make sure that Re-Partition is unchecked and that Auto Reboot, F.Reset Time and PDA are checked and that the PDA box now contains your .tar file.

#2.3. Step 3.

Connect your phone, still in Download mode, to the PC using the USB lead. If you have successfully connected to Odin you should see the ID:COM box in Odin turn yellow or light blue, (depending on which version of Odin you are using).

#2.4. Step 4.

In Odin click the Start button and you should see a green progress bar above ID:COM and shortly after that the box above it will turn green with the word PASS! in it and your phone will automatically reboot.

As I said,I copied the final parts from another guide(on rooting rather than flashing stock Rom, but it's the same thing just different files selected!)

Good luck :)

Reactions: uesat
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones