1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root [International] ROM patch installation

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Bluebutter, Dec 30, 2013.

1. Bluebutter

Bluebutter Newbie
    None

Dec 28, 2013
    United Kingdom
    I have installed Ultima ROM 15 but I am unsure as to how I install the 15.1 patch that is available, can someone please help me? It is a 7mb zip file.

Advertisement

2. dynomot

dynomot Android Expert
    None

Dec 4, 2011
    Male
    Sheffield U.K
    Looking at the XDA thread for your ROM I would say it is a flashable .Zip file, but I really don't know, here is the thread on XDA so you can find some help reading it :

[ROM][19th Oct] UltimaROM v15.1 Titan[HD-VOICE][GPE][SAM/AOSP] - xda-developers

Here are some pointers that may help to distinguish between an ordinary zip file and a flashable one.

A .Zip file when it comes to flashing on a phone is one of two things a "flashable zip" that needs a custom recovery on the phone and the .Zip file on the phone to be flashed or a regular compressed .Zip file that needs extracting to find either a .tar file or .tar.md5 or more uncommonly a .tar.gz file. To find out extract the .Zip you have, and look at it's contents. If you find any of the "tar" type files it is probably an ordinary zip and the "tar" file needs to be flashed using Odin on the PC or Odin mobile.

funkylogik likes this.