1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[International] Root/recovery question

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by hittinboost, Sep 22, 2014.

1. hittinboost

hittinboost Lurker

Ok so I want to do a root (Towelroot), CWM, and a custom ROM like Cyanogenmod. I have a few questions. I've read several threads and it seems like mixed responses on how to achieve this.

1. In what order should I do this? Recovery first, then do a NANDROID backup, then root and install custom ROM? Or should I root first, then recovery, then ROM?

2. Should I flash the recovery with Odin or Heimdall? Does it matter?

3. I don't have an external SD, so after I do a NANDROID backup I'm assuming it'll save to internal SD. Should I leave that backup on there or move it to my PC? If I move it to my PC how can I access it in recovery mode should I ever restore back to it?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. dynomot

dynomot Android Expert

You have to root the phone first before you can install a custom recovery or do a Nandroid. Your Nandroid will get saved to your internal SD card. Leave it there to access it and make a habit of leaving at least one on your device. Copy and paste old ones to your PC.

Use Odin to flash anything as it is the PC software Samsung use, and its just easier.

May I suggest reading and understanding before any flashing is attempted? You really need to have some basic knowledge at the very least or you will be posting back here with problems.

Good luck. :)

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 release date was September 2013. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 13MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 800 processor, and 3200mAh battery.

September 2013
Release Date
Reviews