• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [International] Rooted my HTC One, now it's stuck on loading

jakea

Lurker
May 23, 2013
I rooted my HTC One recently using this tutorial: How to Root the HTC One (International, Sprint, AT&T, T-Mobile) - YouTube

It was working fine for a while, but then I'm not sure what I did but when I turned my phone on it was stuck on the HTC logo.. It has been stuck like this for about half an hour now. I'm not sure what to do, I've tried holding the power button, nothing happened. Trying to stay calm but I'm really worried I've screwed up my phone. Any support would be appreciated!! Thanks

You may have a soft brick which just require you to refresh your phone again. Usually people get a hard brick when they're stuck on a process during middle of the flashing process. You've already done flashing your ROM, and you're just turning your phone on. It stuck on log in symbol which is call boot loop (all this terminology). You shouldn't hard brick your phone by pulling out the battery and get back to the recovery mode. To make sure, plug into the computer and see if it recognize your phone.

Upvote 0
You'll need to hold the power button for a long time eventually the soft keys will blink,and it will reset. When it turns off to reboot,start holding vol down and you should be able to fix the issue.

We need more info on what happened prior to the non-boot situation. Had you tried to flash a Rom? Unfortunately,"no idea what I did" does not give us an obvious clue to the issue,and therefore its difficult to offer a solution without going thru a long list of possabilities

Upvote 0
I've tried connecting it to my computer and it doesn't recognise it, I can't take the battery out because you can't get it out.

Hope you solved the problem, was going to ask you if you have a window machine. If you do, plug in your phone, and go to the device manager, see what kind of driver it uses with your phone. If you get anything other than qhsusb_dload, then you're okay.

Reactions: scotty85
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones