• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [International] Rooted my S3 now it's dead....

Although I am not familiar with the root process on your device, I can just double check what was/is done:)
As far as the Rooting Package, did you extract the .zip file?

The only other thing I can think of, is if this guide was for your software version or not....that I do not know.
You can also check out the guide in the sticky to see if that is the same or similar to the guide you posted.

The other thing I can suggest, is boot into Odin mode again and retry the steps.

Reactions: NickTB
Upvote 0
Just read and thats not a great guide mate.
Did you tick ANYTHING other than PDA on Odin?
Did you extract the file only down to .tar?
Far better flashing Siyah using same method. It gives you custom recovery so u can flash roms etc and lets you over/underclock

I only did what it said on the guide.. I have to go out but ill investigate Siyah when I get back. Thanks both of you for your help so far

Upvote 0
Might be worth booting into download mode and flashing an official firmware (doesn't need root).

Then maybe try this method to root: forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1957273

This is assuming you're on the international S3

Yeah its a gt mate.
Hope we can help sort it for him :beer:

Reactions: Mikestony
Upvote 0
Zactly. Is it a 3 branded phone bro (does it only take 3 sims and have 3 apps) or is it unbranded?
Go on sammobile, go to firmware, fill in the lil checklists (country, carrier etc) then choose the 4.1.2 firmware.
Download it, if its a zip then unzip it so its a .tar file (try n put it on desktop, spark up odin, check the PDA box then drag the .tar into it. Put phone in download mode, plug it in n press Start on odin n cross your fingers :) should say PASS at top right of odin when its done.......

Upvote 0
Right.
Ive only just learned i can dual-boot so gona try the purest android experience i can (but without the onscreen buttons i can find as a 2nd rom
I like a lot of touchwiz so Neat is gona be [first time ive ever said or typed this] "my daily driver" lol i feel like a touche say/typing that so im NEVER gona again!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones