1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root [International] S3 rooting help please

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Ae111, Feb 8, 2014.

1. Ae111

Ae111 Member
    None

Sep 3, 2012
    Plumber
    Ireland
    Hi everyone I have just got myself a Galaxy S3 Internation and i want to root which looks very straight forward but my windows 7 64 bit will not see the device and will not install all the drivers...kies nor odin can see my s3 can any one please help ive tried updateing everything but nothing works..n from searching internet this seems common but i cant find the solution any helm will be much appreciated...thanks for your time...

Advertisement

2. Ae111

Ae111 Member
    None

Sep 3, 2012
    Plumber
    Ireland
    Right im in need of help...or advice anyway please. i rooted my phone n it was fine but then i tried to flash the latest cwm recovery through mobile odin pro...n whatever happened i now cant boot into recovery mode and when i turn on the phone im stuck at the pincode screen because the touch screen will not work...am i in big trouble? i can boot into download mode....any advive will be very mich appreciated thank you...

3. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)
    None

Sep 15, 2011
    Male
    monkey
    Paisley, Scotland, Western Europe
    hey mate. Did you get odin to recognise the phone?

Ae111 likes this.
  4. Ae111

Ae111 Member
    None

Sep 3, 2012
    Plumber
    Ireland
    No i cant get Odin3 v1.85 to recognise my phone at all on my lap top i rooted from another one but cant get to that one now theguy said he used cf root and not cf auto root...so when i tried to update my recovery to the latest i flashed it through mobile odin pro...so nowwhen i try boot into recovery i see the samsung s3 gt i9300 sign with a tiny red exclamation maro on the top left hand cornor...these only stay on for 3 or 4 seconds then the screen flickers blue with white lines and the logo becomes all distorted then just goes black....when i turn on the phone it looks fine and when i boot into recovery everything looks fine....any ideas cheers..and the touch screen is gone

5. funkylogik

None

Sep 15, 2011
    Male
    monkey
    Hmm im not sure man. When you say you were flashing CWM, did you already have a custom recovery installed? If so, do you have a nandroid backup?

6. Ae111

Ae111 Member
    None

Sep 3, 2012
    Plumber
    Ireland
    yes i did have recovery and super user and yes i did make a nandroid back up but cant get back into recovery to restore it...the guy that done it said that if i wanted to flash the latest kit kat roms that i would have to up date my clock work to the latest one...that make any sence...its a complete diaster at this stage

funkylogik likes this.
  7. funkylogik

None

Sep 15, 2011
    Male
    monkey
    Yeah he was right. You have to be on an up to date recovery to flash kitkat.
    So you cant get into recovery at all?
    I dont know whats happened to the touchscreen, ive never heard of that.
    Unless someone has a better idea, id use Odin to flash CF-Root. That will give you recovery. Then use that to restore your nandroid backup. Then ill tell you a better way to update recovery :thumbup:

8. Ae111

Ae111 Member
    None

Sep 3, 2012
    Plumber
    Ireland
    No I can't get in to recovery at all...no natter what I try...n d laptop that I have myself will not see my phone and either will Odin so due to work I can't check this until Saturday...but you think it could be as simple as flashing cf root through Odin again...and then restore my nandroid...I really hope so....would you have any suggestions on how I could get Odin to see my phone....cheers for the advice its much appreciated...

9. funkylogik

None

Sep 15, 2011
    Male
    monkey
    Im not a pc guy but maybe reinstalling the drivers, trying different cable?
    Yeah i think when you tried to update cwm it failed so you no longer have a recovery. You should be able to just flash one using odin. Unless you can find an odin flashable version of cwm, just use cf-root.
    I dont understand the touchscreen issue but hopefully your nandroid will fix that :beer:

Ae111 likes this.
  10. Ae111

Ae111 Member
    None

Sep 3, 2012
    Plumber
    Ireland
    Thanks again for the advice...when I'm at it should I update to the lasest cwm bcos im effed with my laptop! can you give me the easier method cheers and if I do get my recovery and phone back can I just flash ROMs as zips through cwm or will I always have to go through Odin....and how dependable is mobile Odin pro for doing all of this...sorry for all d questions but sometimes you can do all the reading you want but it will only make sense when someone is talking to YOU thanks again

11. funkylogik

None

Sep 15, 2011
    Male
    monkey
    Lol yeah its best to ask.
    I havent connected my phone to the laptop since rooting and ive never used mobile odin so once you have CWM theres no need for either. Everything can be done through CWM, even updating it.
    You just download a flashable zip of the latest version to your phone, boot into recovery and flash it there. reboot recovery and thats it :)

Ae111 likes this.
  12. ViralGold

ViralGold Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 29, 2012
    Male
    I make computers do magical things :)
    Newcastle Upon Tyne, England
    I downloaded kies, plugged my phone into computer and updated the drivers that way when i was having trouble.

After it done that odin started to recognise my phone again ;)

At 1st it still said my phone wasn't recognising in kies but i left it for a while and it did eventually ( few mins )

EDIT - If that works be sure to close kies completely before using odin, they don't play nice together ;) Check task manager to make sure all kies programs are closed.

Ae111 and funkylogik like this.
  13. Ae111

Ae111 Member
    None

Sep 3, 2012
    Plumber
    Ireland
    Well I don't know what to say after reading that because flashing zips through cwm is all I have ever known and have never had any problems and I would of been abit of a ROM hopper....hopefully d phone can be fixed n im getting herself to bring it to a shop I know today to see if they can flash cwm again and restore my nandroid..well hopefully today if not tomorrow....i think this way is better because i dont want to chance it again even tho it is really really straight forward...i will try get kies to see it though..thanks again guys for advice I'd belost without it at this stage...I'll be back to let ye know how it goes cheers!

funkylogik likes this.
  14. ViralGold

None

Jun 29, 2012
    Male
    What carrier are you on mate?

It might be a stupid question but have you plugged your phone in when kies is running and it's in Download mode to see if the phone is recognised? I was in Download mode when it started to recognise mine in Kies and loaded the drivers for me.

Heres a link to what happened to me, slighlty different to your problem but it might have a snippet of info in there that could help you....

http://androidforums.com/international-galaxy-s3-all-things-root/795587-boot-loop-splash-screen.html

If you haven't tried Kies and Download mode have a play around with that mate see if you can get the drivers to load.

If the Download mode > Kies works for you i would flash a Stock ROM and reroot the phone mate. These forums are the best and have people far more knowledgable than most shop staff / local shop that roots phones for money etc. I'm sure if you do have to return to a Stock ROM everyone here will guide through the root process where you won't run into any problems ;)

Good Luck.

Ae111 and funkylogik like this.
  15. Ae111

Ae111 Member
    None

Sep 3, 2012
    Plumber
    Ireland
    Right lads herself brought it to the shop n after an hour the guy says the touch screen is gone and its 145 euro for a new...one...I can now get into a recovery but its not cwm..I have a pic of it but can I upload a pic or do I have to use a drop box link etc..bcOs I want to try restore my nandroid...or is there any hope for my screen...its a dose NCOs I'm jus getn 2nd hand info as I'm away in work ya know...I'll try get a pic of the recovery I can get into now...is there anywhere I can get a reliable screen elsewhere thanks guys

16. Ae111

Ae111 Member
    None

Sep 3, 2012
    Plumber
    Ireland
  17. ViralGold

None

Jun 29, 2012
    Male
    Bummer about the screen mate :( Maybe open a thread in the non root S3 section about the screen, i don't know anything about screens but i'm sure someone will ;)

For uploading a picture / screenshot / videos there are numerous sites that host them but i use imgur: the simple image sharer

Super easy to use that site, basically in the top right corner you have the upload options of computer or web, click computer and navigate to where your picture is. Select that picture and click upload, then when it's uploaded click and copy the link under the BBCode (message boards and forums)> paste that link (starts with IMG) into your post on this forum > post it and it will show your picture / screenshot in your post ;)

Good luck with the nandroid and getting your screen sorted ;)

Ae111 likes this.
  18. Ae111

Ae111 Member
    None

Sep 3, 2012
    Plumber
    Ireland
  19. Ae111

Ae111 Member
    None

Sep 3, 2012
    Plumber
    Ireland
    The update is i tried all i could to get the screen working includeing the nandroid...but noting worked...so a new screen it was and all is perfect now...thanks for all d advice n help.....cheers

ViralGold and funkylogik like this.
  20. funkylogik

None

Sep 15, 2011
    Male
    monkey
    Thanks for the update mate. Hope it wasnt too expensive :beer: