• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [International] Samsung S3 Auto updating error

TEEH

Lurker
Mar 3, 2012
Hi, today january the first my old and venerable Galaxy S2 alerted me that an update was available and I accepted it and the process went fine. The version update was the 4.1.2.

My brand new S3 international version and unlocked has alerted me more than 6 times there was an update available, I did the same and accepted all the messages, the phone rebooted and the Android logo appeared and below there was a percentage bar showing the process update advance, when it got to the 32 % the logo changed from standing to laying with an red triangle with an I at stomach over it and the phone restarted.

When finally the reboot finished a new alert opened saying update and thats is all.

My phone actually is running Android 4.04 and also my old S2 has a later version.

I also tried through Kies and the program was unable to do the update.

The phone is unlocked and rooted

What recommendation can I get to update it

Best regards.

Thor Hedderich

If it was me, id flash a custom rom because samsungs 4.3 seems a bit hit and miss. Also if you update to samsungs 4.3, it puts a nasty bootloader on making it hard to root again (depending on your carrier)
If you really want that update, use the Odin PC software to flash the update found on sammobile.com/firmware

Reactions: Mikestony
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones