1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root [International] Samsung S3 Auto updating error

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by TEEH, Jan 1, 2014.

1. TEEH

TEEH Lurker
    None

Mar 3, 2012
    Hi, today january the first my old and venerable Galaxy S2 alerted me that an update was available and I accepted it and the process went fine. The version update was the 4.1.2.

My brand new S3 international version and unlocked has alerted me more than 6 times there was an update available, I did the same and accepted all the messages, the phone rebooted and the Android logo appeared and below there was a percentage bar showing the process update advance, when it got to the 32 % the logo changed from standing to laying with an red triangle with an I at stomach over it and the phone restarted.

When finally the reboot finished a new alert opened saying update and thats is all.

My phone actually is running Android 4.04 and also my old S2 has a later version.

I also tried through Kies and the program was unable to do the update.

The phone is unlocked and rooted

What recommendation can I get to update it

Best regards.

Thor Hedderich

Advertisement

2. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)
    None

Sep 15, 2011
    Male
    monkey
    Paisley, Scotland, Western Europe
    If it was me, id flash a custom rom because samsungs 4.3 seems a bit hit and miss. Also if you update to samsungs 4.3, it puts a nasty bootloader on making it hard to root again (depending on your carrier)
    If you really want that update, use the Odin PC software to flash the update found on sammobile.com/firmware

Mikestony likes this.
  3. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ±

Sep 10, 2010
    Male
    Next to you
    Moved to the root forums for the International version here.
    Others, such as my good friend funky, can help out:)

And as funky said, I would also recommend a rom based on 4.3 instead of trying to do the update. That whole Knox thing is a bummer at the moment when it comes to rooting, or re-rooting:)

funkylogik likes this.