• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [International] Selling my S3 - how to reset to default?

Hi guys,

Currently running an Omega ROM on my S3 but I've just upgraded to a Note 3 and was wondering how to reset the S3 to default firmware + settings etc before selling it?

Cheers

Hi as you're clearly familiar with flashing and more than like Odin... have a look here -> Firmwares | SamMobile You'll need to locate your device and carrier, simply download the file (you'll need to be a member) and flash via odin. This will put a stock rom back on, and will remove root and your custom recovery.

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0
Hi as you're clearly familiar with flashing and more than like Odin... have a look here -> Firmwares | SamMobile You'll need to locate your device and carrier, simply download the file (you'll need to be a member) and flash via odin. This will put a stock rom back on, and will remove root and your custom recovery.

Thanks mate, but unfortunately I've got slow internet (50kb/s) and my browser is telling me there is 1 day+ left to download the 1.1GB file. My internet sometimes disconnects so it will be near impossible for me to download this file!

Does anyone know of any other websites you can download from? Perhaps a torrent file...

Much appreciated.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones