• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [International] SOS! Cannot open GT-I9502 after failed boot

huuyy56

Lurker
Sep 14, 2013
HI folks!

I tried to root my GT-i9502 this afternoon to get access to Google Play.

HOWEVER, When I followed the instructions online (they are much of a muchness http://marrkdaviid.com/2013/07/how-...samsung-galaxy-s4-duos-gt-i9502/#.UjTW8MafgjY ), I am stucked in the first step --- root with odin307.

When I went to download mode, open Odin, chose the right package, then linked my smartphone with my laptop, everything went fine, it was correctly connected.

However, when I clicked 'Start", the result was failed. Then the screen showed that 'Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again'.

I tried to connect to Kies, nevertheless, the computer failed to recognise my smartphone. When I tried Odin for several times, all results were disappointing -- all of them were FAILED!

Currently I can enter the download mode, but cannot open my smartphone.

Anyone helps!!!!!

Thank you VERY MUCH!!

Hello and welcome to Android Forums huuyy56! :)

So, you have the Samsung Galaxy S4, i9502, on China Unicom?

HI folks!

I tried to boot my GT-i9502 this afternoon to get access to Google Play.

I think you mean, "root", and not boot.

HOWEVER, When I followed the instructions online (they are much of a muchness), I am stucked in the first step --- root with odin307.

There are currently 18 models of the Samsung Galaxy S4 and each uses its own rooting methods depending on the model and firmware. It might be helpful if you could post a link to the method you used to try and root your i9502 in case you have not used one that is compatible with your model of phone.

Reactions: Mikestony
Upvote 0
Welcome huuyy!!
As ironass said, there are alot of variant of the S4...sometimes confusing eh? Not to mention being careful about what you flash. :)

I'm not sure the PlayStore is available in China, but don't quote me:) Are you from China?

Also as ironass said, can you post a link to the method you attempted?

Just as an FYI only, I did see this about your device....if it is the device:)

Samsung Galaxy S4 Duos (GT-I9502) Released With Exynos 5 Octa: How To Update It To ZNUAMDG Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Official Firmware [Tutorial]

Upvote 0
Welcome huuyy!!
As ironass said, there are alot of variant of the S4...sometimes confusing eh? Not to mention being careful about what you flash. :)

I'm not sure the PlayStore is available in China, but don't quote me:) Are you from China?

Also as ironass said, can you post a link to the method you attempted?

Just as an FYI only, I did see this about your device....if it is the device:)

Samsung Galaxy S4 Duos (GT-I9502) Released With Exynos 5 Octa: How To Update It To ZNUAMDG Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Official Firmware [Tutorial]
Yes it is i9502. the instruction I used is as follow How to install Google Play on the Galaxy S4 Duos i9502

Upvote 0
Sorry I forgot to address that I can connect to the Odin (The left up side does show 0:[com3] in blue, and the message box says 'added!').

I read the message box, found it showed :

<ID:0/003> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> I9502ZNUBMH4_I9502CHUBMH4_I9502ZNUBMH4_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/003> Odin v.3 engine (ID:3)..
<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/003> Can't open the serial(COM) port.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

I unsure whether it is the reason.

Upvote 0
Rooted as per instructions from markdavid.
Same results as noted above with the following messages from Odin:
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> I9502ZNUCMG2_I9502CHUCMG2_I9502ZNUCMG2_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/004> Added!!
<ID:0/004> Odin v.3 engine (ID:4)..
<ID:0/004> File analysis..
<ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/004> Can't open the serial(COM) port.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

On the phone, it say "Unsupported Version"

Help anyone??

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones