• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [International] stock roms not available

Can't be arsed making a new thread so here is my latest question......

How can I format my SanDisk 64gb sd card?

I have tried it via the phone, via recovery(on s4 and s2) I've tried a couple of different programs on the laptop and via Windows 8s own option. I've tried quick format and the full option. Nothing seems to work!

When I first plug it in to the computer it has a corruption message and asks to sort it, whenever I say yes, it always fails? It currently has 20gb of free space but when I take pictures they end up corrupted, which is why I'm trying to format it :)

Upvote 0
Check your PM's old kilt swirler! I spoil you! ;)

full_circle_cloak_1.jpg

15058dagger.jpg

Upvote 0
I hope that the last post wasn't aimed at me Hawker! We haven't been able to practice the black arts for ages, around here. No virgins to sacrifice! :rolleyes:

Don't think there is a virgin within a 10 mile radius of you old fella.
It must be great living in the heart of blind woman country!

Solutions via pm?
Very cloak+dagger old stick

:)

Upvote 0
Of course it was.
Solutions via pm?
Very cloak+dagger old stick

:)

Since hotfile.com was forcibly closed down it is proving difficult to get the older versions of stock firmware from SamMobile, even Samsung Live Updates do not readily have older versions. Therefore, out of the kindness of my heart, I linked sntaylor to my DropBox to get MGA stock Samsung, pre Knox, unlocked bootloader, firmware, as well as offering a possible reason for his SD card problems, bearing in mind that he is a, "thrifty", Scot. ;)

Reactions: sntaylor
Upvote 0
I've found a couple of ROMS for you sntaylor, unfortunately not stock MH1 which I thought I had, but Djembeys stock, pre rooted and deodexed version of the "full fat" ROM.

Here it is :

LINKS NOW REMOVED, but I still have the ROMs

I'll leave these public links up for a while for anyone who wants them, but I will take them down after a while, it is Drop Box and they don't appreciate you using them to host files.

I know I have MH1 stock somewhere, but for the life of me I cannot find it. Your request may have inspired me to do a complete sorting out of my lap top, USB sticks and external hard drives. I have multiple versions of all sorts of family photos, music,ROMs, Videos etc.etc. Nearly 2TB of data about 500MB that is actually needed. Most of it is duplicated stuff, and all of it is on my two external hard drives. I am usually quite organised but I have gotten into a terrible habit of sticking currently needed files on my phone (also has nearly 10Gig of crap on it) and/or a USB stick I have on my key ring. Then backing up every month. Result: slow nearly full laptop and repeated files often in more than ten locations. Nightmare.

Reactions: sntaylor
Upvote 0
Cheers bud, I'll take a copy of the stock one(not too bothered by the pre rooted as I'll always be able to get another custom Rom of sorts :)) I've been in the same state storage wise as yourself(though thankfully with much less space!) On my old laptop I had about ten copies of pictures etc all over the place, now I've my new one(I got a terabyte hard drive with a 128 ssd) in starting to keep much better track of things and ordering them properly :)
Cheers again bud

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones