• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [International] Tamasek's CM11 builds

Yeah you beat me to it lol. Was just going to say that Slimkat thread got way off topic :eek:

I found it lovely and smooth as well. Then I changed to ART and it's really great.

I haven't tried any Omni-based roms to compare it with. Think I'll start another thread about the two bases.

Come to think of it, I haven't tried any other CM roms after installing this. Just been dirty flashing the updates. I skipped a couple after reading feedback on the XDA thread. (I'm a bit of a lurker there). I was happy on V9, didn't update until V12. Was happy with that, waited for V16.

It seems good so far also. Using Boeffla kernel it's working great. Wanted a custom kernel for the sound improvements, but boeffla's got lots of stuff to play with :)

Upvote 0
Yeah i like increasing touch boost.
Its strange, im not getting a massive quadrant boost by overclocking. At 1400 im gettin like 7000 on quadrant and at 1600 about 7300.
Gona nandroid this and try (i call it buffalo) kernel on my last build.
i kinda wana stick with those guys coz theyre really hands on on G+ and havnt even had the audacity to name themselfs lol.
I still havent tried omni yet man. Thatl be next.
Lol if we were sensible we'd stick to the excellent final 4.2 or 4.3 builds until the 4.4 builds catch up with features but i just cant go back to dalvik now :-D

Upvote 0
Got that big 82xx quadrant score to tease the americans with boeffla at 1.6ghz :D uploadfromtaptalk1386359584303.jpg

Upvote 0
Yeah mate. Temaseks didnt have anything else that i use so i just went back. Nandroided it though.
Yeah it is mad how much has been squeezed out of this phone. It easily beats the Nexus4 on Geekbench2.
I know benchmarks are pinch of salt but they can show you improvements in your own device and you can feel it :beer:

Upvote 0
Hi guys took the plunge and flashed Temesak V16 with his Wolfston kernel. All running great but the browser. Click to start and sort of screen flashes as though going to open then just reverts back to HS (using shortcut) and from app drawer the same.
Have tried both PA and Banks gapps no change.
Cleared data and cache of browser and rebooted several times on both Gapps, no change.

Any ideas any one?

Upvote 0
Right updated to V17 which is 4.4.1 BTW. Nice ROM super smooth n slick teamed up with the Temesak Wolfson kernel and battery seems very good.
Browser fixed until you re boot then back to the same issue so Chrome browser it is until sorted. Chrome working well so I can live with that!

Little point to add I flash in a 10.2 camera Apk to fix any camera issues (didn't find any with the Rom) but for me SD Card storage is a must and this is the fix.
Now if I could find a compatible full setting MMS Apk for 4.4.1 I would be in heaven.

Reactions: davoid
Upvote 0
Yeah id heard zooper is cool with ART. cant understand what CMs problem is with it. Whats Wolfson kernel bro, ive only heard that word refering to audio on the phone

It's just Temesak kernel with added Wolfson support nice little job awesome battery after a couple days 'bedding in'
Temasek

Truly impressive set up, I can see myself not tweaking, trying, flashing, tinkering or wishing for a very very long time on this set up.

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones