• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [International Tegra 3] Clockworkmod installation question.

drogon

Nov 14, 2011
When I flashed my HTC One X with a ROM I installed ClockworkMod manually via flashboot.
Now I installed RomManager app (bought it actually) and there also I installed ClockworkMod. Could you please explain what is my system scenario? Do I have two versions of ClockworkMod now ? Also I flashed touch version of ClockworkMod when I did manually. Now its asking me to upgrade to touch version inside RomManager.

I am confused on what state my system is. Do I have to versions of ClockworkMod now? One without touch which I installed via RomManager and one with touch which I flashed manually.

I was told that when installing via RomManager it will overwrite what I did via flashboot. The one I did via flashboot is touch version and one I installed via RomManager is non touch one. But on entering recovery I am getting touch version only.

Kindly help me in understanding the scenario.

What version did ROM Manager say it was installing? All the clockwork mods for the One X have been touch as far as I'm aware.
I am talking about this app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.koushikdutta.rommanager&hl=en.
RomManager installed 5.8.4.0 non touch version.

I am little confused on the flow. Kindly forgive my noob questions :)
To root the phone we need to install ClockworkMod. To install RomManager we need to have root. When I installed RomManager it had an option to Flash ClockworkMod. Also there was an option to use manually installed ClockworkMod.
I first selected use manually installed ClockworkMod. Then at a later stage I did the install of ClockworkMod from RomManager.

My confusion is now what happens to the existing ClockworkMod which I flashed manually? And RomManager installs non touch version of ClockworkMod. Touch version we have to buy. But on entering recovery I find that its the touch one.

Upvote 0
Noob questions forgiven and welcomed! :)

The original CWM would be over written. However, as I understand it, I don't think the recovery partition can be written to from within the OS due to the way the bootloader unlock solution HTC have given us works. That's why ROM Manager doesn't appear to work.

Make sense?
Oh. Ok. So if my understanding is correct, even though RomManager has reported that it has installed CWM, that has no real effect on One X because of the way its setup. And RomManager always uses the one installed manually via flashboot.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones