• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [International Tegra 3] CM10 Bootloop

PGA_UK

Lurker
Sep 23, 2010
Having owned HTC Desire and flashed CM7, decided to flash One X. Rooted and CWM went ok, copied across CM10 Zip file and installed.

Phone booted, all looked like it was going ok, but then CM10 logo appeared and phone will not get passed logo. In Fastboot USB, storage cannot be seen form PC. IN CWM Recovery, can mount SD Card, Can format card,etc but cannot mount USB (missing lun file).

Now, as I cannot gain access to the sdcard, I cannto push any new roms on to card, so cannot re-flash...

Any ideas?

PGA, I faced a similar problem while trying to install CM10 to my friend's HTC One X. It did not want to get past the booting screen and CWM did not want to mount as USB storage.

What I did was I downloaded and installed the latest version of Clockwork Recovery Mod (5.8.4.0 I believe) and all went well afterwards.

Please grab it from here:

ClockworkMod ROM Manager - Recoveries

Get the "Touch" version since it's easier to work with.

This is how you install the recovery:

Place the recovery img into your fastboot folder

Open a command prompt window from there (hold shift on your keyboard, right click on any empty area in the folder, and click Open command window here)

Type "fastboot devices" without the quotes to make sure your device is detected

Then type "flash boot recovery insert_recovery_name_here.img" of course with no quotes and you'll put the recovery img's name in place of the one I wrote above and add .img at the end of the line (no spaces)

Then hit enter and it should succeed afterwards.

Reactions: El Presidente
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones