1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root [International Tegra 3] HTC One X Bootloader Loop!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ds980x, May 5, 2012.

1. ds980x

ds980x Lurker
    None

May 5, 2012
    Hi all..

Recently I rooted my HTC One X and was fine but now under certain circumstances I want to send it back and for that I had to unroot it.

Following an unrooting guide from onex.com, I managed to unroot the One X but on the last stage of powering up the device, it is stuck at the boot loader every time and cannot do anything like flashing new roms etc on stock recovery .. not that I know of anyway and when starting up the device when you 1st see the HTC logo before it boots to boot loader it states some kind of developer mode or something.

Have tried the wipe data function on both bootloader and standard recovery which may have been the problem.

Any kind of fix for this? connecting device to windows 7 and using CMD to fast boot to clockwork mod dosnt work because I'd say the rom is corrupt and USB debugging is not available. plus dont know if clockwork mod is even there anymore :/

Please help ... Thanks.

Advertisement

2. aosp

aosp Newbie
    None

Apr 6, 2012
    Boot the device into bootloader mode (power + vol down), go to fastboot, type 'fastboot erase cache' 'fastboot reboot-bootloader', and then try to reboot the phone. You can access recovery through the bootloader as well to restore a nandroid backup, etc.

3. hanulvig

hanulvig Lurker
    None

Jun 3, 2012
    Hi,

can u please tell me where and how to write that command 'fasboot erase cache' as i am also facing the same problem

4. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!

Jan 3, 2011
    Scotland
    It's done in a very similar way to which you flashed your boot.img. Whilst in your bootloader, select fastboot, connect the phone to the PC, open a command prompt, navigate to the folder with the fastboot exe and type fastboot erase cache.

Tags: