1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[International Tegra 3] Jelly Bean ROMs

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by El Presidente, Aug 21, 2012.

1. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member Thread Starter

I've added a few to the sticky if anyone fancies giving them a spin.

So far, I've given Ice Cold Jelly 1.1 a go and am currently running Eternity CM10.

Ice Cold Jelly was ok, not overly smooth, but was pretty stable. My main beef was with the lock screen shortcuts not working properly. I'd select the camera or Google Now and the phone wouldn't unlock. However, when I'd unlock via the unlock slider, the camera/Google Now would be open.

Eternity is much slicker, the lock screen works as it should but it's not overly stable. My main issues with it are when listening to music and a notification comes through, the media volume goes to its lowest setting. Also when connecting our disconnecting my PS3 controller, I get an error message and my IMEI blanks. I can still make calls etc and a reboot brings it back. Also had a couple of random reboots.

That being said, both are easily usable as a daily driver.

Planning on giving Endeavour Unleashed or tbaldens a go when I get home from work.

Anyone given any a run out so far? Thoughts?

Paul25 and pz1982 like this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. shinigamikris

shinigamikris Newbie

Have tried tbaldens cm10 - alpha 4 and trips cm10 007 with unleashed kernel 3.1.1.0 004A, Talbens ROM seems to be more complete with everything working, camera, hotspot, etc, where as Trip's camera doesn't work properly and hotspot doesn't work either. But there is now trips cm10 - 010 and tbaldens cm10 - alpha 7 so I have no idea what these ones are like, Trips roms generally have better sound quality for some reason too.... I'd give Tbaldens cm10-alpha 7 a go if I were you, I would but I don't have enough downloads left for the month :/

El Presidente likes this.
  3. El Presidente

Yeah, I stuck tbaldens on this morning, so far so good (although it's a little early to comment properly). All of the issues I had with the other ROMs aren't present with this one so it's off to a good start.

4. craftycarper

craftycarper Well-Known Member

Has the camera improved on any of them, i was trying one a few weeks back and the camera was working, but seemed to be very basic, few options, which prompted me to go back to ICS.

Although the experience itself was not to bad, looking good for future releases.:)

5. El Presidente

That was really my only complaint about losing Sense, I'd lose the camera software. I wouldn't say the camera on tbaldens CM10 is as good as the Sense camera, but it's good enough to make me not want to go back to Sense. My gripe would be that if you unlocked to camera from the lockscreen on sense, you're not asked for a PIN whereas on the JB ROMs you are.

I'll probably miss the burst mode at some point too, but I'm sure I'll cope. :)

6. shinigamikris

shinigamikris Newbie

I find that the camera and sound on aosp roms aren't as good as sense, but the camera for aosp does take full 8mp pics instead of chopping it to 16:9 like in sense. I tried tbalden's cm10 alpha 7 and it seemed to unstable, got some freezing and signal drops. Have reverted back to tbalden's cm9 beta 5 for now but man does the sound suck ass on it :/ I'd still rather lower quality sound and camera than to look at ugly sense 4.x :-/

7. El Presidente

It's been 24 hours and I've not had 1 reboot, it's not frozen or done anything majorly weird, so I'll stick with tbalden for a bit.

It doesn't like my Tune In Pro widget (it keeps disappearing), but other than that, very stable so far.

8. shinigamikris

shinigamikris Newbie

Are you using alpha 7 I kept getting freezes when viewing the settings menu. Downloaded Domination - build 5 and going to give that a go sometime today hopefully, will be interesting to see this "hybrid status bar" in action :)

9. El Presidente

So far so good for me. Battery isn't amazing, but far from terrible.

Did you try Domination?

10. shinigamikris

shinigamikris Newbie

Battery is always sh@t on aosp or aokp roms. About half the battery life of sense roms :/
    Yea I tried domination, the tweaks are amazing! Tablet mode is pretty cool, makes your one x a mini tablet :) It would be worth it (even if your not going to use it) just to download domination or paranoid android (think it has the same tweaks???) just to see tablet mode with all the apps and setting... How are you finding cm10? Let me knowif you find a stable version... Cheers

I'm finding cm10 to still be too unstable though and have gone back to viper x, but as a surprise, they updated to 2.10.

11. El Presidente

I ended up switching back to Viper at the weekend too. It was my sons birthday and I wanted decent pics. There was no real issue with the camera on CM10, I just didn't realise how much I used burst mode.

I'm def going back to CM10 later in the week though, probably giving one of the hybrid ROMs a whirl.

12. Baldilocks

Baldilocks Android Expert

Yeah, if it weren't for poor battery life, these JB ROMs would be great. Just can't take that much of a hit.

13. El Presidente

I flashed tbaldens A12 on Sunday night and battery life is massively improved. Not up to Viper levels, but not far off at the moment.

Which ROMs have you tried Baldilocks? Are you talking SGS3 ROMs?

14. Casanunda

Casanunda Well-Known Member

I'm also running tbalden's CM10 ROM, have been using it since the back end of last week, and the battery life isn't too bad to be fair.

15. Baldilocks

Baldilocks Android Expert

I've tried Ice Cold Jelly (latest version) and Unofficial Cyanogen on my Tegra 3 One X and the battery life was about 40% of what it is on my Sense ROM. I use the OrDroid 1.4.1 Sense 4.1 ROM right now.

My GS3 hardly gets used anymore. :)

16. icedtea

icedtea Android Enthusiast

hi, any PARANOID ANDROID users? :)

17. El Presidente

I keep meaning to try Paranoid Android, but haven't got round to it yet. :eek:

Worth a go?

18. craftycarper

craftycarper Well-Known Member

Trying out OrDroid JB Rom, Sense camera etc, upgraded Hboot etc, all running fine, a much better JB experience for me now......only problem is.....i am stuck on it now as i forgot to make a backup of my ICS rom, so can't downgrade Hboot to go back to ICS, oh well, good job that the JB leaked Roms are now more complete.:D

19. TarekElsakka

TarekElsakka Well-Known Member

Team Venom's Viper is the best ROM I have tried; I'll probably either be using that or the stock JB ROM when it is finally released for the One X.

HTC One X Forum

The HTC One X release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Nvidia Tegra 3 processor, and 1800mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews