1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[International] Total Wipe/Reset while keeping Root?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Ghost10bxl, Dec 6, 2013.

1. Ghost10bxl

Ghost10bxl Android Enthusiast

Hey guys - been using the Galaxy S3 as my daily driver for about 18 months now. Still a solid phone, but it's gotten bogged down, and is getting very laggy/buggy. I'm rooted, running Wanam Lite, whatever the latest one is.

What's the best way to totally wipe/reset the whole device and start from scratch? I want to keep it rooted and just put a clean version of the latest WL on there, but I want all exisiting data, partitions, etc. removed and restarted. Hoping this would make it run more smoothly.

My memory is like 1GB left, most of the stuff I don't even need, I want to start from scratch so I'd like everything to be deleted. However, I do want to keep few of the apps data backed up, I will do this with Titanium Back up and save it on my Micro SD card (I DON'T WANT my SD card to be WIPED!!)

Secondly, before if I do the Factory Reset, it makes a new folder called "0" and saves everything in it. I do not want that.

Appreciate any tips!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)

Just save what apps you want, re-flash the rom (this will format the system partition in in the process), then do a factory reset from within the phones settings (not from recovery) and youll have a clean new phone still rooted and running the same rom.
    some people format the /system partition first but every rom ive flashed does this as part of the process so imo it isnt necessary.
    I did this a few weeks ago mate. External SD wont be touched :thumbup:

3. Ghost10bxl

Ghost10bxl Android Enthusiast

It worked! Thank you very much!

4. funkylogik

Youre welcome mate :beer:

5. Yatezy

Yatezy Android Enthusiast

The 0 folder is a feature from 4.2 onwards. It's for multi user so I imagine every rom, including official firmwares, will have it.

funkylogik likes this.
  6. funkylogik

Some people seem to end up with /0/0/0/0/0/0 lol.
    Anyone ever used multiuser? I dont have a tab so ive never even played with it. Does the other user have their own google account?

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews