• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [International] Unlocking HTC J One

Mabaet

Jan 11, 2012
HTC One in Japan is named HTC J One. KDDI Carrier. It's the HTC One with the Micro SD slot.

I can't seem to find a tutorial on how to unlock it. HTC J One just arrived at KDDI just some days ago, I think that's why. But after some time, will it be possible to unlock it? Thanks.

i believe the KDDI butterly J was kept off of the official unlock program,much like the verizon DNA,and a few others. an exploit to superCID was needed in order to allow unlock.

i would prolly head to htcdev.com and try and unlock the bootloader,and see if it is successful. if so,youll just need to find,or wait for,a compatible recovery image that you can install,and then simply flash superuser root files.

if the unlock is not successful,"moonshine s-off" is coming soon for some other One variants and the DNA. maybe once its released,support could be added for the J one,so id watch the moonshine threads in the DNA and one original android root forums over on XDA :)

Reactions: breadnatty08
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones