1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[International] update

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by clipps, Aug 20, 2013.

1. clipps

clipps Well-Known Member

i just finishes rooting my galaxy s3 . now will i be gitting any updates from lets say samsung about the new 4.3 version or 4.2 when they git released . because when i when to chek updates in my phones setting a window popped up that said u will not be gitting update ur phone has had changes made . any ideas

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

Looks like this somehow ended up in the nexus 7 forums

What carrier do you have so I can get this in the S3 all things root forum for you? :)

You generally do not want to accept ota updates while rooted. Luckily there's usually a stock rooted ROM within the same day to flash.

funkylogik likes this.
  3. clipps

clipps Well-Known Member

I use MTS as my carrier

4. Jon_LTD

Jon_LTD Android Expert

So it sounds like as you've rooted, your carrier won't be supplying any updates as it recognises the fact you've rooted. No problem. You can still update to the latest firmware, and probably quicker than your carrier would provide!
    You will need to flash a custom rom, which there are loads to choose from and available from the xda forums (I cannot provide a link at the moment, I'm on my phone). There are different types of roms, plenty of which are Samsung based so you can keep the touchwiz/stock feel. Alternatively there are other roms which are just Android as google intended (like the Nexus) and various other types. I guess it's all down to you to find what works for you!

Good luck!

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews