• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [International] Wanam Lite 4.2.2

Ghost10bxl

Android Enthusiast
Oct 6, 2012
UK
Hello guys. Recently I've been having problems with my phone. I have a Galaxy S3 and it's running Wanam lite version 4.2.2

Well in short lets say its SLOW as snail.

My phone is really slow, freezes every 10-20 mins. And music is just unplayable. By that I mean, it stutters and kills the whole experience. Opening apps takes ages, sometimes they crash. Sometimes it doesn't load properly.

I have no idea what to do, thinking of unrooting or moving to another ROM but I really love Wanam and since 2-3 weeks I've been having problems.

I'd appreciate if anyone helps me with this. I have tried clearing Dalvik Cache and Cache partition in CWM recovery but it doesn't help

bummer :(

id try jellybeer 4.2.2 - im running this right now ;) just do a full backup then full wipe (data+cache+dalvik) - flash rom - flash gapps - wipe cache+dalvik - then you are good to go :D

That's a Stock Jellybean based ROM, I have used AOKP in the past for some time. However, I would like a TouchWiz based ROM. Any help on what I can do to stop this freezing and stuff?

Upvote 0
I don't think you need to unroot to move to another rom. I certainly didnt on my sgs2. You could try reflashing the wanam rom straight over the top of your existing install, and see if that fixes the issue. Again, I'm not sure about wanam, but I've done it several times with Neatrom in the past (sgs2) and it had no ill effects.

Upvote 0
The Touchwiz 4.2 ROM is known to be very buggy (and has been skipped out by Samsung as they went straight to 4.3) so your best bet is to go back to a 4.1 ROM like wanam or neatrom. There also seems to be a lot of complaints with the official 4.3 ROMs so I would give them a miss for a while too

Ahhh I see, but I really liked the 4.2 features such as the lock screen widgets however I didn't want that on Stock Android. That's why I flashed 4.2. Thanks :)

I don't think you need to unroot to move to another rom. I certainly didnt on my sgs2. You could try reflashing the wanam rom straight over the top of your existing install, and see if that fixes the issue. Again, I'm not sure about wanam, but I've done it several times with Neatrom in the past (sgs2) and it had no ill effects.

I'll try reflashing. Thanks :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones