• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [International] Warning! LBE Privacy Guard with Jelly Bean

fourther

Jun 4, 2012
I've updated to Jelly Bean, when I re-root my phone, LBE Privacy guard enables and crashes the system into a rebooting loop!

It was fine before with ICS

I had to re-install JellyBean OS again to Un-Root, cleared LBE's defaults & uninstalled then re-rooted.

All good.

I installed LBE again, hoping i could set it up fresh but the OS crashes into the reboot loop after about 10 seconds.

Dangerous

i just had this on my new note 2 (here as this was the 1st link i found in google)

thought i'd post advice in case someone else (like OP) had re reinstall the OS

i cant post links yet but here's the info i found

w.w.w tested . com/news/feature/3071-how-to-use-androids-safe-mode-to-save-a-phone-from-boot-loops/

hope that helps someone anyway :)

Thank you so much! It did help. A lot. :)

Upvote 0
Hi
Another simple way which has worked for me is
When the mobile is tarting you have to do this quickly
1. Unlock your screen...(if the screenlock isnt there it saves time.....but eevn if present it doesnt take that long)
2. Goto settings application manager and forcestop LBE privacy guard and then uninstall it....

It works....
you need to be quick before the phone auto restarts
Saves the rouble of starting in safe mode etc...
quite simple and basic but effective
And fun tooo..... like a game....:D

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0
Wanted to say i just replaced my Superuser with This

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2260570

It allows Miui type permission management like LBE, thank the Dev for me

Working on my Virgin mobile LG F3

Dunno all devices it works with but definitely give it a shot if you have a backup installed you can recovery from in the event it doesn't work

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones