• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [International] What I want in a ROM, how can I make it happen?

Alright, I have been trying a different ROM just about daily, sometimes even a few in the same day, trying to find one that I actually want to use. I like bits and pieces of a few different ones, but not just one in particular. Basically, what I want is a Google Edition ROM like bigxie's, but with the HTC camera, gallery, and, if possible, IR function, and a battery percentage mod and more customization options like those found on CyanogenMod's nightlies.

What are some options?

Part of your issue with what you ask is that a it would require a mix of the stock Android framework as well as the HTC framework.

I know a few devs in the past have been able to achieve it on other devices but it's been buggy.

This one may not happen... we will have to wait and see.

well said,loyal. this is actually the reason i stay stock most of the time now... im a huge fan of AOSP but i hate to give up the camera,boomsound,and the "prettyness" of a couple sense widgets.

Upvote 0
I'm stock too, apart from Blinkfeed (which I reluctantly admit is growing on me), I really like what HTC have done to Sense, I also prefer 4.1.

lol i have to reluctantly admit that as well :eek:

you prefer android 4.1? or sense 4.1? if the latter,i have to agree there as well. sense 5 IMO is not as asthetically pleasing as 4. in particular i hate the blocky keyboard,amongst some other small things. i think a sense 4 themed sense rom would be fantastic :D

Upvote 0
I have tried Android 4.2 and didn't like it. Am running the 4.1.1 dev release because I feel funky running HTC dev software with its red warnings etc, (I don't get out much), and I hate the pull down power menu of 4.2 that is non customisable like it is most AOSP's roms of old. There's stuff on the menu I will never use, that'll change I guess but for now I'm more than happy with stock 4.1, I might mod the battery icon and the am/pm indicator, but disliking them is nothing to throw my toys out of the pram about.

Reactions: scotty85
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones